Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Newer User: How can I create a persistent, draggable asset with established properties?

Sorry if the title is confusing. Basically, my players will be using external means to manage their character sheets, so we'll be using r20 exclusively for tabletop combat. An example of what im trying to do is: Create a "Dancing Lights" token - a single token with an established light radius that will reveal FoW when I drag it onto the map (as opposed to having a collection of things like this sitting on the GM layer for me to pull in, per page. I have the token graphic I want, and I know all of the attributes. Once I bring it onto the map setting these things can obviously be done - but i essentially want to do it once, and then have that "asset" available for me to pull onto any page, whenever I want. Similarly, I have created several character tokens with their own unique attributes (ex. bars and auras), and I want to ensure that I can use them on any page easily enough. Thanks so much in advance!
Jomo said: Create a "Dancing Lights" token - a single token with an established light radius that will reveal FoW when I drag it onto the map (as opposed to having a collection of things like this sitting on the GM layer for me to pull in, per page. I have the token graphic I want, and I know all of the attributes. Once I bring it onto the map setting these things can obviously be done - but i essentially want to do it once, and then have that "asset" available for me to pull onto any page, whenever I want. If you have token set up correctly on a map.  You can save it as default token in character journal (I would call it Dancing Lights).  Then you can drag journal name to any map you need the token on.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Step by step guide to help :)
Ah thanks so much guys! I had seen that step by step guide but it looked like it was purely “journal to map.” So if I have this right, basically i can make a token with attributes, and THEN make a journal entry to which i later assign it, and then that journal entry will forever have those attributes associated with it?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Correct!