Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to make Roll20 Audio Master accessible to players?

Hi, a bit of a quick question here, I'm sure How does one grant access to Roll20AM to players? My intent uses for this is to make a Token action macro with sound effects for attack and such that the player can press. Simple enough! The macro work fine when I tested it out as a GM, however, when I switch to test it out as player I kept getting this error: Invalid Roll20AM Command. Restricted action not allowed by a player. In my config menu I have both "Viewed By" and "Access" set to All and Full respectively. I try searching through the Roll20AM manual and found that there's a GM only commands that edits access to player, so I try typing this code into the chatbox as a GM !roll20AM --edit,access|player But I still won't be able to use Roll20AM as a player when I switch over. I concede, I'm not a programmer myself, I only know how to manipulate basics pre-made code, and I'm sure the answers is simpler than I thought, but I'm kinda at a loss here.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I ran into this a while ago myself. You need to unlock the tracks and playlists that you want players to have access to. Each one has a little lock icon.

Edited 1585394626
keithcurtis said: I ran into this a while ago myself. You need to unlock the tracks and playlists that you want players to have access to. Each one has a little lock icon. Ah, that did the trick! Thanks a bunch! Though one more thing I've noticed, somehow when I run the Roll20AM commands as a player, the sound files kept getting stuck at 0:01 (like it would play until only 0:01 seconds of the track in left and then it would freeze instead of going away) and this cause further instance of the same track to not played. When I switch to being a GM it plays perfect fine though, does this occur to you as well? I feel like I could fixed it with a roundabout way involving using Roll20AM Stop commands, but if there's a direct way to solve this, I think I rather do that. Thank you in advance! EDIT: Nevermind, I went digging in the old Roll20AM thread and found the answer to my problem, you just need 'a' gm inside the game at that time to make it work properly, doesn't have to be you. ^^
Is there a way to unlock all the tracks at once?  I have all my ambient/music tracks in playlists and all (a lot) my sound effects for players as individual tracks.  Any time I import a new track, it re-locks everything,  Is there a way to unlock all tracks at once or at least prevent everything from re-locking when I import a track?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
keithcurtis said: I ran into this a while ago myself. You need to unlock the tracks and playlists that you want players to have access to. Each one has a little lock icon. To the Roll20 Audio Master wiki page I added a "Player" section and mention this. Someone who knows the API better could expand on it and also add the exact commands to do this, skimming the rest of the wiki page didn't make it apparent.