Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Attribute Character_id in Power Cards Macro Helper

I am a bit of a noob to Roll20 APIs. I am hoping someone has a suggestion: I have added PowerCards v3.8.11 and PCMHelper v1.0.5 to an existing game. I have completed !pcmsetup and updated all of my characters with !pcm. I have the Advantage Toggle set on all of my characters. I get this error whenever I try to use a pcm helper macro: "Error: No attribute or sheet field found for character_id -M34mjEpNSx9OGDNigaL named 0*" I checked some of the pcm helper macros and they list "character_id". Was this attribute supposed to be added to the characters by the script? I have looked through their attributes and it does not exist. I have used !pcm again to test if there was any change with no luck.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I don't know anything about those scripts, but character_id isn't an attribute, it's a property of a character.  It is access with the same syntax as an attribute, using @{selected|character_id} or @{target|character_id} or @{SomeCharacterName|character_id}. Based on your error output, it looks like you have the character_id, the issue is some missing attribute?
I had this same issue. I fixed it by launching the game, going to game settings, scrolling down to experimental features, and clicking "Apply Default Settings." I hope that works for you. 
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The error suggests that it is looking for an attribute named "0*" on the character with the listed id, can you post the macro that you are trying to run, there might be something awry in there?
Here is the macro "PC-Attack" from Power Cards Macro Helper: !power {{    --replacepcattack|@{selected|character_id}|?{Select attack to use|@{selected|attacklist}}    --replacement|Advantage    --replaceattrs|S-|@{selected|character_id}    --replaceattrs|T-|@{target|character_id}    --template|Basics|@{selected|token_id};@{target|token_id};uses ~PCA-NAME$;~PCA-NAME$;~PCA-ATYPE$;~PCA-RANGE$    --template|PCAttack|~@{selected|rtype}$  }}