Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Map subfolders

I didn't see the suggestion, but after running a few add-ons and modules, I have come to the realization that having sub-folders for maps would be an extreamly useful feature. Many locations have multiple floors, thus multiple maps. It don't take long to have a list of maps that's a mile long. Simply being able to place these maps in a folder for the dungeons would save me a lot of work. I mean ever try to move the party from a map located on 1 side of the list to a map located on the other?  There are some API that help, but simply being able to place all the maps to each location in a folder together would make things so much cleaner and easier to use. Also allowing the deleting of a folder and all the stuff in the folder would be amazing. For both maps and handouts ect. because I spend more time rearranging and deleting things then it would take me to set up an entire game sometimes.
You may want to cancel your vote here and add it to this suggestion instead, which already has 520 votes (at the time of this post): <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1618045/a-better-way-to-organize-pages" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1618045/a-better-way-to-organize-pages</a>
though I did add a vote to that page as well, the way it was worded made it hard to understand the OP desire. I still am not fully sure that they where talking about the addition of sub-folders or if there reference to pages was referring to something else. It is also listed as obstructed, and was created before the current folder system. This makes me wonder if they where specifically talking about map subfolders or if they had been regarding something slightly different. To be clear I simply desire something for maps akin to what they have for the current folder system. Though would love the ability to actually delete more then 1 thing at a time with any of the folder systems that's probably a different topic.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .