Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

[Pathfinder] GM LFP for a Long-Term Campaign, Homebrew Setting, EST-PST Weekday Evenings, New Players Welcome

1399678776

Edited 1400004388
[EDIT] We've filled the entire group. Thanks to everybody who filled out a survey, and hopefully you'll all find a campaign - you all seem like great players. [/EDIT] [EDIT] No longer looking for players! Thanks all for showing interest. It's been a blast watching you all chat and I think that there's tons of really cool players - now I have the job of trying to figure out which cool players would play well with which other ones. I will be sending out e-mails starting tomorrow . If you don't hear by tomorrow, don't worry, I may have been too busy to get to sorting out the groups. Please check your e-mails periodically - a lot of people have wanted to be notified if they're not getting selected, and I don't want to send out notifications until I've got a confirmed group in place (where all the players have joined the roll20 campaign). [/EDIT] About Me I'm a DM of around 10 years; most of my experience has been in 3.5e, but I've been really getting into the Pathfinder rules. I'm putting together a long-term campaign on roll20 - around a year or so, maybe longer or shorter depending on the party. I'm looking to find/put together a good group of players that work well together. About the Campaign You can find a brief document outlining the setting, the cultures, etc. here . Next, please take this survey . I'm looking to put together a party that has the same style of play , so I'm asking that you fill out the survey about your play style. After May 11th May 11th, 9:00 PM PST I'll look at the survey results and try and put together a group that meshes - I'll e-mail you if you end up in the group. Thanks for your time! Any suggestions on missing information or things I can improve upon are always appreciated. [EDIT] I'll post here when the group has been confirmed: when I've e-mailed every player, and we've all agreed on a time that works. I'm only looking for a standard group of four - I've DM'd larger campaigns and they're difficult to manage. Thanks all for your interest!
Sent in a survey. Looking forward to the results~
Gona read doc and submit survey now
This looks quite promising. The detail work on that map is fantastic, and if you made it I am insanely jealous. I have submitted a survey for the game, and will gladly do battle with (looks up) Thast for the right to play. My Avatar's a mage, and he/she has Ifrit. A simple ice spell should win this, right? ;) If I may ask questions of you, how many players are you looking for this game? Did you do all this world building yourself? Because again, impressive! Last, I would kindly ask that even if I'm not picked for the game, either an email or post here to know that so I don't wait for a reply that is never to come. You'd probably do that anyway, but I figure if I ask enough questions here you'll get used to me being nosy about everything lol. Don't be surprised if I start asking what the main crop of an area is, or it's main exports. I'm a world builder myself, and LOVE to know the little details. You've been forewarned ;)
Nice read and the setting looks nice. I sent in my application!
I did make the map - the "insane detail" is probably just because it's a vector image, haha. I'm looking for a standard group size of 4 players. Yep to all the world building - I've got a friend who occasionally does sanity checks to make sure I'm not way off my rocker. It's going to be a tough decision on who's playing - there's a lot of really cool people on roll20. I'll make a post here when the group has been decided and I've gotten confirmation back from everyone that they're going to play.
Replied to the survey. Looking forward to it. :)
Sent in the survey :)
Roll20 does give you a lot of options, which is why I love this place so. If I weren't so bloody poor I'd get a subscription to here. You make the best decisions you can for the game, and then see how it works out. I've had a lot of good games here and I've had my share of bad ones, too. It happens. Either way, we wish each other luck and game on. I will say again I love the world building you've done. I've built a lot of worlds for both gaming and my writing, and I feel it's a highly underrated talent. Anyone can picture a world in their head, imagine a field and a guy in some armor, whatever. To put a world onto paper, to develop the history, the religion, the culture, to spend hours figuring out the quirks of an entire eco-system... it's a beautiful thing in my own opinion. Of course, I'm certifiabily crazy, so what do I know? :)
I sent a survey, hopefully i am picked!
@Vicky: lol thats pretty funny but i prepared a null-frost spell before hand =P sorry but ice isnt gona work today. im not about to let a game like this slip away either so you may hav your hands full =) -Thast
lol jk i dont have a bunch alot of experience with campaigns like you do a so i really dont no hav alot to compare games with but i can tell this one is a really great one and can tell that douglas really put alot into this and i would like to be apart of it but i wont hold it against him if im not chosen and i wish everybody good luck =)
1399776187

Edited 1399777450
Eh, it was worth a shot, right? My witty banter and jokes show I am a team player! Or...something. Though maybe attacking a fellow party member at random wasn't the best advertisement for my style. I knew I should have gone with the poisoned cookies. Still, Mama always said if at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. So Thast....(holds up tray) would you like a cookie? :) Silliness aside, we should stay on topic. So in an effort to do that (and conveniently bump this thread) does our potential DM have any preferences/rules for classes/races? Core classes/races only, everything under the sun, somewhere in between? Do you prefer generating ability scores via rolling or point buy? This is the stuff that could weed out competition, which is a TOTAL coincidence :) (Innocencent whistle).
Lol I would love a cookie thank you Vicky and i thing our potential GM is deciding on who he feels would fit together as his players before deciding on wat rules he wants to establish. At least thts wat vibe I'm getting. And you banter wasn't as bad as you thought when I read it i couldn't help but smile and laugh. It definitely show that you hav a sense if humor and that you can get along we'll with anyone even ppl you just meet :) it's a good quality in my book -Thast
Survey sent, looking forward to playing in a fun campaign
1399781552

Edited 1399786973
Potential DM here @Thast and Vicky D: your banter is awesome. Please continue. I'm keeping a lid on the character creation rules out of fear that someone will make an awesome character and it not be used: that would make me very sad.
@ Douglas Yea, the lid approach makes sense. Especially since I'm actually making characters now lol. I have no idea what I'm going to DO with these characters (as I know no selections have been made and all that, so no need for sads). Really, I'm just trying to learn the mechanics of pathfinder a little better. Not so much to min/max, but I don't want a repeat of my first role playing game, an old Pendragon game; I misread a rule and developed my Fighter's sword skill backwards. Yes, backwards. I was a level one squire who scored a critical on a -14 to 27 on a d20. Try convincing your DM of THAT. It didn't go over well lol. @Thast. We have potential DM approval on witty banter! Woot! That's likes like a +3 bonus to 'for the lols.' I think that's a class skill for Bards now, isn't it? Man, I knew attacking people at random was a good idea! I should do this more often. I'm sure the police would accept 'the internet told me it was a good idea' as an excuse, right? Right? :)
Survey sent
Sent in the survey, hope its good enough to qualify! I'd love to join the game, especially something long-term with cool people.
read doc and submitted survey! Definitely taking that Tarkantan! Also Doug if you got a moment right now I would like to ask oyu something over skype? if thats ok with you?
@Richard: PM me and we'll find time to Skype; might have to be tomorrow though.
Read and submitted. Don't want to get to wordy since I already typed up a a few paragraphs in the additional information section of the survey. I am curious when you would like to start? I know you will have to try and get a time together for everyone to meet up and everything so you couldn't be exact but are you looking to start asap or are you thinking a week or two? Just curious because if chosen I would have to read through some of the pathfinder book to get acquainted with it and don't want to take a week doing so if you plan on started sooner. I've heard good things about Pathfinder so plan on doing so anyway just want to make sure that if I have a chance to join I will be fully prepared. Looks like I got fairly long winded again so I will just stop there and try to get some sleep.
@Crazze I'm putting the group together this week - we might have a brief chat during the time slot the group agrees on to make sure people have the basics of their characters planned out and to impart additional plot specific information, but we probably won't actually be playing until next week.
Still room? Interested here and can work on the survey if so. Cheers, Ben
@Excelsias Not making a decision until after 9:00pm PST tonight about the group, so yeah there's still room, just fill out the survey.
The competition is thick, and the tension is palpable. Who will make the final cut? Only Douglas R knows, but my crystal ball might have some answers. If you wish to check, all you need to do is step into this clearly not trapped room! What? The warning signs on the walls? Oh, those are outdated, really! No one has died here in hours! (scream is heard) Okay, maybe minutes, but still! This is in no way a trick to thin out the herd! You can trust* me! :) I have way too much free time on my hands lol. I'm near Boston on Eastern time, so that's midnight here if I've done my math right. I can't stop thinking about it. My family is all in the living room celebrating mother's day and I'm in the den trying to learn pathfinder....granted it's mostly my in laws which may explain why I'm in the den. (Side note: I may have issues). I can't remember the last time I had to apply for a game, and it just adds to the excitement. Will I get in? Will I roll a natural one? I don't know, and I love it. We humble few can but wait for the DM in the sky to make a judgement. May the best woman win ;) *This is a prank. A Joke. A hoax, even. You should really not trust strangers on the internet claiming to own magic crystal balls.
1399840215

Edited 1399840328
I applied a few days ago, but with my limited schedule I doubt that the game will be held at a time I can play let alone I get accepted. But you never know when luck might strike. Also Vicky D that was an excellent post.
1399842590

Edited 1399842623
Lol I agree and I volunteer to be the first to walk into the claimed not-trapped room so long as I can roll a reflex check with a perception. I do trust your word but at the same time i don't :P don't take it personal I'm just taking your own advise :) and its amazing as to how many ppl are interested in this game. @vicky: don't feel bad some times it's better to be by yourself and in laws re just the worst :P btw I appreciate the gesture but I'm not a woman -Thast
(Bows) Why thank you Niall, I do aim to please ;) @Thast. Thast, you and me be cool. I'd pull you out of said trapped room and give you the antidote cookies ;) As for in-laws... eh. Family is complicated. I don't get along with 90%+ of my family for one reason or another, so I generally just avoid them all as much as humanely possible. I have my gaming family, and that's what counts. Oh, and by the way... if you didn't want to be a woman, you shouldn't have had that last cookie... ;)
Yea I can relate to the family thing. Kinda the black sheep out of everyone but no worries and wait what did you do to my cookie I'm getting this wierd feeling.... Oooppphhh... I feel something coming... Quick give me the antidote(poof) never mind it was just gas :P excuse me. I feel better now and thnx for saving me from you traps i really owe u one :) -Thast
I think I made my survey in at the VERY last moment but hopefully I made the deadline as this does look like quite the campaign. Anyways can't wait to see the final cut!
@Codey There's about an hour and a half before the cut-off, so you're pretty safe.
The wait is intense I'm getting so jittery waiting :) I can hardly wait for the results but a deadline is a deadline -Thast
@ Thast. I know what you mean. On one hand, I want to know the player selection at 9:01 PST time exactly or there will be rage. On the other hand, I know that's not actually, you know, reasonable lol. All we can do is wait. Here's hoping we both make it, Thast ;)
I'm hoping as well but that suspense is getting to me :/ it would be totally awesome if we make it though V. All worth it in the end ;)
Gosh, I'd really like to make the cut. Why is waiting so agonizing!?
“The suspense is terrible. I hope it will last.” - Oscar Wilde/ Willy Wonka
"The suspense is terrible. I hope it will last. -Oscar Wilde" -Micheal Scott
Ewwww, dude do not bring up Willy Wonka. Dude is one sick **** in the head. You know those flavored wall papers of his? He had wall paper in the flavor of...um, 'male genitalia.' And the kids lick it (in the book and the old movie, at least). Look up the Snozberries if you need proof. Spoiler: they are not a real berry.
Wow that just killed one of my favorite movies for me. Thanks for telling me that I didn't realize it was like that :(
1399866240

Edited 1399866360
Relax. Take deep breaths. I'm not sending out emails tonight . The deadline is just when I'm closing the survey so I can begin putting together possible groups. You'll probably get e-mails tomorrow afternoon, and I probably won't have confirmation on the group until tomorrow evening or even Tuesday morning. Sorry for taking so long, but I really want to make decisions on the group when I'm not falling asleep (since I'm in EST right now, and it'd be 3 in the morning before I finished sorting through the survey results). Why I didn't put groups together while the survey was going on If I did this it would've biased the results towards those who did the survey on Friday night. I've been sorting through the results as they've come in, but I haven't formed groups yet and I'm going to randomize entries so they're not sorted by time, so I can try and form the best group (and not just the group of people who happened to pop in on Friday night). Sorry for putting so much effort into this (what a strange thing to say)? [EDIT] Congrats @Vicky D., you have now made Willy Wonka even creepier than it was before.
Willy Wonka is creepy on his own. I'm just shedding light on a really disturbing facet of that creepy :) @Douglas. Never apologize for too much effort. You're dedicated to this world you built, and that is a very good thing. Take your time assembling your avengers. As much as we humble potential players are eager for results, these things take time. By my rough count there are at least 14 people applying for 4 spots. That's some stiff competition right there. And as much as I'd like to be in this game, I think you're going to have a great group regardless of who you pick. Why? Because there are 14 people here taking the time to fill out a survey just for a chance to experience this world. To go all 'field of dreams' here, you built this world and they have come. The players, I mean. Which hopefully you knew as you know the movie. If not I'm rambling. Point is, your dedication to this world shows. Those who see that are willing to invest the time to fill out a survey. They wouldn't do that if they were not willing to commit to the game. It's a bloody brilliant move on your part, and I am soooo going to steal the idea of surveys for my own games from now on. Just saying ;) Anywho, I nervously look forward to the results. I think this is going to go far with such a dedicated group. Of course, people who have been checking this thread repeatedly - like, I don't know, me and my new pal Thast for example - are clearly more dedicated than others. That's my take anyway, but I'm told I might be 'slightly' biased. Just a tad though! Honest! ;) Also? I don't know if this would be clear to you or not from the witty banter of Thast and I, but I have never talked to him before this thread. Even if I don't get picked, I made a friend! You can be my friend too, but you might have to take a survey first... ;)
I don't want to reiterate what Vicky had just said but I think it is also a good idea to not rush into who will be in your group and to find those players who you feel the best about. Don't get me wrong i would love to be apart of this game but I wouldn't mind not getting picked in the end bc I don't fit in with the group ( btw I totally agree with Vicky about the two players who seem more enthusiastic then most players. You should really consider them ;) nudge nudge wink wink). @Vicky: Aww shucks Vicky thanks for calling me your friend :3 On a side note I'm glad i forced my self to sleep last night bc that deadline would hav been midnight for me and if I woulda stayed up for that answering can honestly say I would have been disappointed. No offense to you Douglas just i misunderstood by your intention of it. Still I await your results with fingers crossed and my scary big friend to hunt down anybody who gets accepted that's not me and/or Vicky :) just an FYI -Thast
Oh for those of you who want a "clearer" picture of my friend he is 10 feet tall (14 if he stands up straight) can throw boulders twice as big as himself and possess razor sharp claws (better to tear you apart with) devilish horns ( better to gore you with) and breaths fire ( that is pretty self implied). Just saying you wouldn't want this guy to chase you either. But I wish everyone luck on the results :) P.S. if anyone thinks I'm serious I'm not I'm all about a fair and equal opportunity for everyone for those of you who didn't know I was joking tho i might have taken it just a little tinny tiny bit too far. For that I apologize. -Thast
lol Oh Thast. Why throw boulders when there so many more...efficient ways.... MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!! Sorry, got a little evil stuck in my throat.
So any update on the group?
Sorry for the delay. It's taken a bit of time getting confirmation back from the group that was invited, but we've got the group finalized now. Thanks all for your interest; hopefully everybody finds the campaign that's right for them.
Congrats to everyone who was finalized :) hope you all have fun. -Thast