Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Drop down menu - then using the answer later

I am making an NPC Generator, I have sorted out lots of roll-tables but there is something I want to tidy up. I have a drop-down-menu that asks the Island the NPC comes from and then gives information from the roll-table. I would like it to list the island I select somewhere else. Is there a way to do that? So I have; {{Home=[[1t[?{Island|Alaron|Moray|Snowdown|Oman|Sarifal}] }}  this works fine I'd like to be able to have another box for {{Island= *the selection made earlier* }} I hope that makes sense. Thanks to anyone that can help! D&D 5e OGL is that makes any difference.

Edited 1585775697
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
You generally can reuse queries as long as they are identical; have you tried: {{Island=?{Island|Alaron|Moray|Snowdown|Oman|Sarifal} }}
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
?{Island} will return the chosen value anywhere in the same macro, but it will not be usable afterward. I.e. it will not be usable in another macro you run at a different time.

Edited 1585776851
keithcurtis said: ?{Island} will return the chosen value anywhere in the same macro, but it will not be usable afterward. I.e. it will not be usable in another macro you run at a different time. Sounds perfect. Thank you! edit: tested and it does what I needed, thanks again!