Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to do multiple Text Queries in a macro

Is there a way to differentiate Text Input Queries so that I can have multiple queries in the same macro? For example: I want to make a macro for Movement where I can input a number for how Actions are used and then input a second number for how many meters the character moves. The macro would look like this: /em spends ?{TEXT DISPLAYED} Action and moves ?{TEXT DISPLAYED} meters. If I use this as is then I will get the same number for Actions and Meters.

Edited 1399772645
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
You could do this: /em spends ?{number of actions spent|0} Action and moves ?{how many meters moved|0} meters. This should allow you to do multiple queries.
If the queries have the same "name" they are assumed to be the same value -- that way you can just ask for it once but re-use it multiple times in the same roll. If you want to ask for multiple different values, use different names, like Pat S. suggested.
Sweet. Thanks guys! :)
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
You're welcomed. If you have any more questions, just post them and someone will answer them.