Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Thursday 5E Hardcore Mode Dungeons and Dragons Old School Revival 7:00 PM CDT

This campaign is about Role Playing not About character building. It's like 5E without the fluff. It's a Shell that fits over the top of 5th Edition to give it a more gritty realistic feel and one the doesn't pamper the characters the way the game does now. This will clearly not appeal to Power Gamers, Minmaxers, Rule Lawyers, and players who think their character is really just a bunch of numbers (which in effect, it is), but doesn't have to be. This game will push the Role Playing ahead of the Number Crunching by Simplifying the Math, making a Good Description of your Action worth more than a Good Dice Roll. Come on if you dare, it's a dangerous world Frodo, just going out your door... Anyone interested in Learning or Experiencing this type of Game respond here with your Age and a simple character concept. Or send Ajax a Private Message for more details after posting here. Game will Play at 7:00 PM CDT on Thursday Nights, Open to New Players or Old Veterans alike. Discord with no video is used for the chat portion.
This sounds interesting.  I am a veteran player from back in the day of 1e (I;m talking early 80's). Life happened, I moved on and did not return to the hobby until about 5 years ago, when I jumped straight into 5e, so you can imagine, a 30 year absence.  However, I have been playing consistently since, and very recently started playing online.  
Still need a few Players...
This seems interesting, I haven't had any real experience with 5e (mostly played 2.5 and pathfinder) but I have been looking to learn, to top that off I don't have any experience playing online. If that's alright I'd be interested in joining. I'm 32 to answer the age question and as for character I'd need to know a bit more details to come up with something. I prefer to make my characters based on the actual setting so they are easier to integrate.
Gold
Forum Champion
hi Ajax i have played in your game before it was several years ago on here, I took a break off roll20 gaming for 1 year. I would like to play this Thursday. I like OSR style. Haven't had much 5e yet tho i still play OSR clones more. Got some big errands/chores on this Thursday, assuming i get through that with energy remaining i would like to play in this please.
Those who applied, so far will receive the Link and Further Details with in the next 24 hours. -Ajax PS - there another DM running a Paid Game who calls themselves Ajax DM rest assured this is not me and My Games are Always Free.
Sounds like a great game.  I'd love to play.   I definitely prefer roleplay heavy games rather than munchkin based combat slogs, so really pleased to see this post.   I'm mid 40s - been RPing for more than 30 years, but I'm new to Roll20, so still getting the hang of the interface.  Playing 5e for about 2 years now and running my own game on the side.  I'd say I know the game pretty well, but I'm not a rules lawyer.   In terms of a character concept - I'd like to play someone who's basically a nomad.  Someone who was either pushed out of his community (maybe village was destroyed or something similar) or maybe voluntarily left - but ever since he's been wandering the world looking for someplace that he fits, collecting stories and experience as he goes.  I'd thinking this would be a human rogue, with a sailor background...best way to start your world travels would be to sign on to a ship - so he spent a few years doing that, but it's not in his blood, and he's moved on... Let me know if you think this would work and I can flesh the idea out some more. 
Last Call before the Links go out today. This is 5E Hardcore Mode, don't apply if you can't handle the Hardcore Rules, i.e. Stats Rolled in Order using the Old School method of 3d6.
This seems like a pretty interesting concept that I'd be interested in joining in on, if you still have room! I'm 21, and similar to someone else who replied, I'd need a bit more information about the setting and such to create a character concept that would fit/ work with the world!
This Game is Now Full...