Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

"TypeError: cannot read property 'split' of defined..."

I keep getting the error below. I have tried disabling various scripts I have running and haven't been able to figure out what's wrong. Any advice appreciated -- right now I can't do anything API-related in Roll20, and I depend upon the API to run my campaign! Your scripts are currently disabled due to an error that was detected. Please make appropriate changes to your scripts and click the "Save Script" button and we'll attempt to start running them again. For reference, the error message generated was:  TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of undefined at apiscript.js:17474:58 at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:154:1), <anonymous>:65:16) at Object.publish (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:154:1), <anonymous>:70:8) at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1648:12 at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560 at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147) at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546) at Id.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:489) at Zd.Ld.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:94:425) at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:111:400
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
To isolate the script that's doing it, disable half of them and see if you get the crash.  If you do, disable half of those and repeat the process if you don't, disable all the enabled scripts and enable the other half and repeat the process for the new subset when you have one script left, that's the culprit.  What scripts are you using?
The Aaron said: To isolate the script that's doing it, disable half of them and see if you get the crash.  If you do, disable half of those and repeat the process if you don't, disable all the enabled scripts and enable the other half and repeat the process for the new subset when you have one script left, that's the culprit.  What scripts are you using? Yep, that's what I'm doing right now. I think I've already got it down to a smallish group. I use a fair number of scripts, so I'll post back if I have tested them all and am still not able to isolate the culprit.
Looks like it's Combat Master.
Jay R. said: Looks like it's Combat Master. I was having the same error for a Auto Hit Dice Script. Not sure if you recently applied a new HD Script but that may be the culprit.
Anthony V. said: Jay R. said: Looks like it's Combat Master. I was having the same error for a Auto Hit Dice Script. Not sure if you recently applied a new HD Script but that may be the culprit. Yes, I since realized (or was told, lol) that it was Hit Dice Helper. Now I have to figure out some other way to automate HD healing...
Jay R. said: Anthony V. said: Jay R. said: Looks like it's Combat Master. I was having the same error for a Auto Hit Dice Script. Not sure if you recently applied a new HD Script but that may be the culprit. Yes, I since realized (or was told, lol) that it was Hit Dice Helper. Now I have to figure out some other way to automate HD healing... Same here :(