Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Table Results Not Displaying as Template

Hi Roll20 friends, On a test game with no character sheet/rules/etc.  I made a macro to roll on a table and functionally it works fine, however the table results do not display in the chat log in the template:default  style.  In the pic below I pasted my table item directly in the chat field and it displayed correctly, however when I roll the table, or roll the macro that calls the table it shows up with the junk.   I searched and searched and couldn't find the answer in the forums.  I'm sure the answer is buried in here somewhere but most of the results are for users that brain gooder than me.   Anyway, I hope someone can help.  I'd hate to have to come back tomorrow and re-post this topic in all caps.
1586164149
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Rollable tables unfortunately dont do a lot of things we'd like them to. The text in a rollable table is just text, it doesnt get processed in any way.  Try removing the &{template} from the table text, and include it in the macro that launches it, so that macro would be &{template:default} [[ 1t[Lucky_Strike] ]]
GiGs said: The text in a rollable table is just text, it doesnt get processed in any way.  Thanks GiGs.   *charlie brown music*
1586190540
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Did it work?
1586190883
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
You can probably get at least some of the behavior you want from my RecursiveTable script:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/7844658/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/7844658/</a> !rt [[1t[Lucky_Strike] ]]
GiGs said: Did it work? I couldn't get it to present with the rules but I did get to a satisfactory end state.&nbsp; See pic.&nbsp; "Lucky Strikes" don't come up super often so I just made a handout that has the effects explained.&nbsp; Thank you very much for the help.&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks for the suggestion Aaron, I'm looking into it. //In pic you can see that I got the Lucky_Strike macro to work.&nbsp; Any way to save the drawing I made so that I can drop it as a token or drawing. I tried erasing the grid lines and screen shotting, and then cropping it to shape with a transparent background but it wouldn't keep the scale.//
I think if you save it as the default token to a character sheet that it will drag out the exact size it is now.
Got it.&nbsp; Just went a little crazy for a bit.&nbsp; Used 3D paint to make transparent background.&nbsp; Then uploaded and sized.&nbsp; Finally set to a character's token.&nbsp; I In our homebrew game some weapons can be "HURLED" for double damage but risk missing the entire target before the hit roll and may even hit a fellow party member, and some spells are "HURLED" which means they aren't precisely controlled, like calling a meteor or lightning.&nbsp; Anyway, thanks for the replies.&nbsp;&nbsp;