The bearded barkeep sets down another mug of his best ale at one of the tables. He gives the tall elf a reassuring pat on the back. "Don't worry son! You're in good company here!" The elv relaxes visibly and gives the barkeep a nervous smile. It's his first time going out there. Really going out there. The only thing he had known until now was the path between Lithandel and his village. He had never left the path before.&nbsp; The wilds are dangerous&nbsp;-&nbsp; they had told him for all his life. After finally making enough money to buy a sword and a set of leather armor he now has also brought up enough courage to go up to the dark wooden table in the back. He asked the group sitting there if it would be alright to come with them. The large, muscular man had given him a grim nod and the gnome, wearing heavy chain mail armor had told him about the tomb he found a couple of weeks back.&nbsp; The elf takes a sip from the strong drink that is now standing before him.&nbsp; You can do this.&nbsp; Welcome to the&nbsp;Náströnd Sagas Are you somebody who'd like to play some D&amp;D but leads a very busy life that doesn't allow them to play every week? Do you want to play in a setting that is very much inspired by norse mythology with some sprinkles of Witcher, Dark Souls and Lovecraft on top? Or are you already familiar with what the Westmarches implies and are wanting to try it out? Then this might be the game for you. I have been running this game for a little over a year now. With a large group like this, it is natural to see some people leave, play less than they did in the beginning. That's why I'd welcome up to 4 new people to mix up our groups a little and get some new and interesting combinations. :) What does Westmarches mean? The Westmarches is a campaign concept that allows the dm to play with a large number of players or with players who don't have the time to play regularly. Everything takes place in a large persistent world that changes over time. Every week, a new party, with different players, goes out there to either go after treasure, follow up on some rumors or further their personal goals. The game mostly focuses on exploration and in session character development/discovery. The outside world can be a dangerous place though. The wilderness does not pull punches. Different areas are balanced around different levels, meaning there are threats that not every party can handle. Sometimes running is the best option. Then, a higher level party can return at some point to take care of the problem. This is the basic concept of the game. Who even are you ? I've started to run games 6 years ago. During this time I dm'ed a great number of different campaigns with different rulesets. (DH, Shadowrun, Pathfinder, Dungeon World, 5E, SWN ... ).&nbsp; I’m trying to focus on role-playing rather than number crunching during the sessions I run. That said though, I do enjoy a good complex encounter from now and then if the players also enjoy it. So when does this thing start? We've been playing a little more than a year now and a great deal of things have happened. Normally there is a session with 4 players every week but I do need to skip some weeks to not destroy myself and my motivation :) FAQ I have never played D&amp;D before. Is that ok? Totally! I love introducing more players to the hobby! What is the starting level for new characters? Right now it is lvl 3. There are certain things you can do to raise the starting level for future characters. What timezone are you in and when do sessions start? I am living in the CET timezone. Every week I talk to the current party members to figure out a suitable time for everybody. So even if you live in a totally different timezone, I try to make it work. And have for the past couple of months I think. Do I play every week? Probably not. The core concept for this whole thing is a rotating party. You can expect to play 1-2 times every 3 weeks, depending on how many people have time to play. What are the character restrictions? I allow the use of all official WotC Books and Unearthed Arcana resources for character creation. Is there an overarching story? No. Individual characters or parties can have larger story lines develop around them but there is no overarching story. Are there home-brew &nbsp;rules? I use a couple. Mostly for travel, downtime, inspiration and for the improvement to the central town. I am interested. How do I get into the game? You can have a look at the link below. I require everybody to read the description text and answer a small question that is hidden in it. This way I know that everybody who gets into the game KNOW what they get themselves into. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/170197/nastrond-sagas" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/170197/nastrond-sagas</a> (edit: Fixed link to listing)