Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

[LFG] [5th Edition] [EVENINGS + SAT/SUN] [CDT] [Discord] New to Roll20, Not to Roleplaying

1586173898

Edited 1586174214
Thanks for visiting! I'm new to Roll20, but I have been involved in tabletop roleplaying for many years now. I'm going to be looking at some game listings shortly, but I figured I would start here. Some of my backstory... I got involved with D&D through my techie and drama geek friends in high school, hoping it would help me come out of my shell. I can still be kind of sky and awkward at times, but I fell in love with fantasy roleplaying and I've been doing it ever since. Before I lose your attention with my life story, what I am most looking for is a solid group of players that favor roleplaying over combat and dungeon crawls . Now, don't get me wrong, I like D&D combat, but I've tried far too many campaigns where encounters lasted the entire session, and it becomes the sole focus of the game. Usually at the expense of everyone's attention span. An open world setting would also be preferred, but is not required. I know how much work goes into running and planning such games. I'm available Saturdays and Sundays (CDT) , and maybe even some evenings if the campaign is especially appealing . I like to get to know my DM and fellow players, chatting with them as often as I can. I also enjoy planning with other players and chatting after sessions. Whether high fantasy, low fantasy, noble bright, grim dark, or whatever you have in mind, if your group is active and reliable, I'm down for rolling some dice with you. I don't offend easily, I know as generally introverted gamers that we all have our quirks, and I actually like a lot of the fantasy tropes that offend even some guys. Nothing wrong with a bit of sexy armor and princesses that need rescuing. And finally, for anyone still reading this, some of my other interests include anime and manga, video games, hiking, camping and other outdoor activities, cooking, and drawing (though I am not all that great at it). I am a bit awkward, as I've said, but I fully invest myself the characters I create, and thoroughly enjoy interacting with others in a tabletop setting.
Hey! I'm also new to Roll20, but I have played D&D before. The whole pandemic has got me indoors, so in-person tabletops aren't really possible anymore. I'm looking for other players that are passionate about their characters and are into any type of fantasy. After reading your post, maybe we could be players in a campaign soon? I'm in need of an adventure, since I myself can't venture outside. 
With the DM of a game possibly bailing and out of a job with the corona virus for a while, I've been thinking of DMing for the first time on Roll20 and also seeking similar people of interests and dedication. The other people of this game are also of similar hobbies with Japanese animation and drawing, so I think we could possibly form a group of like-minded individuals.  Shoot me a PM if you're interested and can't find a game. I might just create a game myself. I'm favoring a grim neutral type of game but depending on if a group can be formed here I can go to other types.