Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Move position of name plate on token

Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question. My apologies if it is. Is it possible to move the name plate to be on top of the token, along the bottom, like how the token markers can be set? I'm finding with the token's name plate set below the token, the name will be visible through a wall if the token is set against that wall. For example, there is a wall separating 2 rooms (north and south). If a token is set against that wall in the northern room, the token name plate will be visible in the southern room, allowing the players in the southern room to see that there is someone on the other side of that wall. 2 workarounds I found: 1) uncheck "Show Name" on the NPCs token; 2) move the NPC token 1 square to the North. I'm hoping that there is a better option than these 2. Thanks!
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
There are a couple other options 3.  Remove the player permission to see that name plate.  That allows the GM to still see all the labels, but the players won't see them even if they are clipping through walls.  That option is one of the check boxes on the second tab of token settings.  4. Put all npc tokens that your players haven't encountered yet on the GM layer.  Only move them to the token layer when something happens to let your players know someone/thing is there. I generally do both 3 and 4, especially if it is a creature the characters haven't encountered before. As far as I know, there isn't an option to change the location of the name plate.