Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Launch Game Option "As Player" or "As GM"

First off, my apologies if this is suggested already, tried searching but may have missed it. Very simple, would love on the game front page, that there be a drop down option to select "Launch Game As Player" instead of default GM mode (for games you've created/have GM access).  Would be plenty helpful to skip the double load times if you want to see what your players see for testing/review, or if you are a player in a game you've created (someone else has been given GM access and is DMing the game).  Mostly just a way to help skip load times (and in the case of being a player, avoid accidentally seeing something the GM has prepared).  Thanks for any consideration of this idea! :)

Edited 1586428791
You can always ingame rightclick on "re-join as player" and choose open in a new tab. That way you only have 1 extra loading time ;) And have both views open at the same time. Thats how i keep track of what players see.
+1 Being able to launch the game directly into "Player Mode" from outside the app would be a great feature. Lots of scenarios where a user hops into their games as a player, and it's needlessly inconvenient to have to load the app to then reload again through "rejoin as player" - especially for pro subscribers.
A worthy suggestion. In the meantime, note that you can make a bookmark or favorite of the "Rejoin as Player" link and use that to launch the game directly as a player.
Ah, I did not know it was possible to have both the Player & GM screens open (I know when I've loaded into two different game rooms, I've had issues with first room loading sometimes "idling out" or if the first game gets refreshed it loads into the 2nd game loaded instead.  Thank you for the tips, will try them out!  I do still think having the option would at least help save us that need it maybe a little bit of time or having extra bookmarks, but good to know there are options :)
If you open two windows to the same game, you should use either two separate browsers or a private browsing/incognito window for one of them. Otherwise, Roll20 may "see" both browsers as one session, and choose to update the game state from only one of the browsers.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .