Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Updated Dynamic Lighting: Make something always visible

Dynamic Lighting newb here. I'm trying out the Updated Dynamic Lighting on a map. Is there a way to make an object (ideally a token) always visible to the players, regardless of line of sight? I'm building a map which involves a large fire running through an orchard. The lines of trees will block line of sight for tokens & objects at ground level, but the flames behind the trees go higher, and I want the players to be always aware of where they are. So in this diagram, where the lines represent rows of trees that block sight at ground level, I want the players to be able to see the fire, but not the monsters. Is this achievable with Dynamic Lighting?
Quickest way is to give the players control of the fire, not that they need to control it, and it will give them visibility from the fire.  Is that what you were looking for?
Hmmm It seems like tokens they control only become visible if those tokens have sight. The trouble being that they are also casting light, so if I have this situation the monsters become visible, even though the players don't have line of sight:
1586643692
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I would keep the monsters on the GM layer in that case and only move them to the token layer if/when you want to give the characters a chance to see them.