Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences here.
×
×
Cookie Preferences
We use Cookies to help personalize and improve Roll20. For more information on our use of non-essential Cookies, visit our Privacy Policy here.
I would like to try to have a group that plays for the early birds from 8am until 1 or 2 in the afternoon-ish. My wife is generally at work at this time and it is much easier for quiet time alone for me, especially during the Covid-19 crisis.
Hey Daniel, I've also been looking for an early group like this as well. I'd be interested in joining/starting a early morning group. CDT time here, let me know your thoughts. I'm new to Roll20 but been playing 5e for about a year.
Hello! I too am looking for an early morning group. I am brand new to roll 20 and playing online, looking for my very first game thanks to covid-19. I have almost 20 years of experience playing d&d and pathfinder so I am not new to the game itself. I am CDT time as well.
Awesome! Wednesday and Thursday mornings and the best for me, other days can work as well. It depends on if everyone is looking for something during the Covid epidemic or longer term? Also is anyone interested in DMing ?
Wednesdays and Thursdays work great for me too. I'd like to play it by ear and if everything goes well than a long term game would be cool. I was just looking to play to get some experience on roll 20 but if you'd all be ok with some bumbling and fumbling around and not knowing what I'm doing I would be down to DM.
Hey everyone, If would like/wouldn't mind another, I would be up for early mornings. I am in PST, but work remotely with a team in Australia, which makes nights a little tougher to play. I don't have a ton of experience actually playing, but I at least understand the basics and after trying to get a campaign going back in 3.5e. Feel free to let me know! -Matt
This sounds great! Mitch that'd be great if you wanted to DM, I'm also brand new to Roll 20 so there will be some learning curve here as well. Sabrina and Elkemist the more the merrier right now. I don't know if this is pushing it but what about this Wednesday or Thursday? 8/9 am start CDT time or do we want earlier? I don't mind earlier either? Do we want to do text based only? Video? Discord for chat? D.C. and Sabrina what time zones are y'all?
8am would be perfect for me. I can video and voice over roll20 or discord. Text based is a bit rougher for me. I am central time between Chicago and Milwaukee
Cool. 8am on Wednesday works for me. I'm OK with trying to use roll20 video/voice feature and if it sucks we can use discord. For our first meeting I'm thinking it could be a "session 0" sort of deal. Get to know each other a little bit and how we like to play. I'll say right now that my DMing style leans more towards action and combat, but I don't believe roleplaying and combat need to be separated. I think roleplaying and storytelling can still be achieved in the bowels of the dungeons.
discord can be pretty choppy when you have multiple voices, especially if we are doing video chat. Roll20 is less of a resource hog. We should also have our newly crowned DM come up with character write up rules for rolls. My DM I have now does 4d6, reroll 1's, remove the lowest die per stat. It works well for decent stats without getting too wonky.
I am OK with rolling for stats but it can lead to unbalanced party members in my experience. If the group is OK with that then we can do that otherwise point buy or standard array are the other options. Less fun I'll admit but everyone starts on equal ground.
To me, imbalance is more in how stats are placed and how skill proficiencies and classes are chosen and played.. we have to be cognizant of each other. It is why my Bard ended up being a healer. nobody wrote up a cleric because nobody talked ahead of time
8 am Wednesday sounds great to me. I'm great with rolling or doing standard array as long as we all do it the same way. My only issue is my computer's sound board is fried so I would need to use discord if possible, or I can be in the game as text only? Any voice chat stuff i have to use my phone sadly, let me know if that would be ok or another solution. Mitch I love that way of playing and completely agree. A session 0 would be great and get us all on the same page.
I can do 8am CDT Wednesday as well. If we get stuck on the communication side between discord and roll20, I also have access to Bluejeans from work, (kinda like Zoom). Supports both computer and phone audio, screen share, video is optional. Supports up to 75 users in my personal meeting channel and no time limits meetings. No one else needs an account for it, so just another option if needed.