Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tales from the Nentir Vale - Text based only

Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Tales from the Nentir Vale In the dimly lighted, smoke filled tavern room, sounds of a lute is heard playing softly while the din of voices slowly die out. The tavern crowd all turn towards the bard in the corner strumming his lute in anticipation of a tale or a song. Tonight they get a surprise as the tales comes from the Nentir Vale. Hello everyone, I’m about to start up a campaign that is located in the Nentir Vale but it will be homebrewed. The system to be used will be Basic Fantasy RPG with a few supplements and a house rule or few. This campaign will be a text based playing sessions . This is due to my being hard of hearing. I plan on holding a meet and greet session to answer questions, create the characters, and generally help anyone that needs help then the next session will be the actual game. I believe this would be considered sandbox type of campaign as the character actions will affect the how the story unfolds. It will be mostly narrative style of play which means no map use . I might toss an image or two as needed during the sessions also. This campaign will be held on Thursdays at 8:30pm central time.
I'm interested in playing with you, however it may take me a while before I fully understand the basic fantasy RPG rules so.....yeah but my email is <a href="mailto:adamstenner0305@hotmail.com" rel="nofollow">adamstenner0305@hotmail.com</a> if you want to contact me :)
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
If you played any d20 system then it will be easy to learn. It is 3.5 rewritten to have the feel of old school. Basic Fantasy quoted The Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game is a rules-light game system modeled on the classic RPG rules of the early 1980's. Though based loosely on the d20 SRD v3.5, Basic Fantasy RPG has been written largely from scratch to replicate the look, feel, and mechanics of the early RPG game systems. It is suitable for those who are fans of "old-school" game mechanics. Basic Fantasy RPG is simple enough for children in perhaps second or third grade to play, yet still has enough depth for adults as well.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Adam S. said: I'm interested in playing with you, however it may take me a while before I fully understand the basic fantasy RPG rules so.....yeah but my email is <a href="mailto:adamstenner0305@hotmail.com" rel="nofollow">adamstenner0305@hotmail.com</a> if you want to contact me :) I pmed you an invite.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Still looking for text based game players.
So how does someone play a text-based game on this site? I've got an interest, just not sure of the logistics :)
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hello Persephone. I was about to write off the game due to little or no interest. Thank you for the post. Let's talk via pm's.
I'd be interested but I'm not at all familiar with the setting. I've played d20, so that much I do know, if that's sufficient shoot me a PM when you have time. Thanks!
i'm interested as well, Pat. in fact i've been looking at your ad for a couple days.. just wanted to give my old thursday group one final chance before writing it off completely. sadly, it's definitely dead and gone. are you using BF 2E / r75 ?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Tazar Yoot said: I'd be interested but I'm not at all familiar with the setting. I've played d20, so that much I do know, if that's sufficient shoot me a PM when you have time. Thanks! The setting is like most other settings that GMs like to tear apart and tweak so don't worry about it. tzxAzrael said: i'm interested as well, Pat. in fact i've been looking at your ad for a couple days.. just wanted to give my old thursday group one final chance before writing it off completely. sadly, it's definitely dead and gone. are you using BF 2E / r75 ? Yes and I will be providing all the needed link to the materials to be used in the game. I have a handout made with those links and I have in game character sheets being worked on but they might be changed depending on the end of the month reveal.
Sounds good, do we need anything before this coming Thursday?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Nope. This coming thursday will be a general meeting and character gen. I like to know people a little before we try to game together. Q&A can be dealt with then also.