Hello, I've been fascinated all my life by D&D but never played.  It started when I was elementary school age and got my hands on Lone Wolf books which were sort of choose your own adventure with stats, equipment, and combat elements thrown in.  Later on I played Hero Quest and I loved it but never really found a group of friends to play the real deal D&D with(most of the Hero Quest campaigns were played with my younger brother and my mother functioning as the gm) : / .  I have a friend at work who plays and I've sat in on his games before but I just don't really like his groups style of play.  The overarching feeling I can remember while watching is there's no sense of danger at all from any of the characters, they're all just one-hitting strong adversaries and praising each other for how powerful they are as they level up even higher and get even more stronger equipment...I don't know.  I just didn't like the vibe, really. Anyways, if there's anyone out there willing to take me under their wing and introduce me to the world of D&D and show and tell me how to role play, I'd appreciate that.  I'm pretty much a home body(even when there isn't a world wide pandemic happening).  I work 5 days a week(varying days each week, 12pm to 9pm).  My best times of availability are from 9pmish to 3amish 7 days a week.  Thanks for your consideration.