Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Call of Cthulhu monster combat items returning error messages

I just bought the Keeper Handbook for Call of Cthulhu and first I was a little frustrated that while the monster stats are listed on their 1st tab, I have to input values for the skills and combat options for each monster.  Then I noticed that all combat I set up for the monster result in the following error message:  SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found. So I can't seem to even just attach a custom combat button to a Fighting or Custom skill without getting that error.  Even if I narrow down the damage rolls to no roll.  The skill works on its page but the combat can't seem to roll even when associating, say Bite, to an established skill or a custom one.  
Sorry, meant to say Weapon buttons, not Combat buttons.