Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

No Roll results for a drop down prompt macro

I am new to this and I couldn't figure out why this is not working on a search of the forums.  I created a test character, set up Attributes, and added an Ability on the sheet with the following Macro: ?{Choose a Stat to Roll|     STR, /roll 2d6 + @{STR}|     DEX, /roll 2d6 + @{DEX}|     CON, /roll 2d6 + @{CON}|     INT, /roll 2d6 + @{INT}|     WIS, /roll 2d6 + @{WIS}|     CHA, /roll2d6 + @{CHA}} I run it from the macro bar, select the Stat and submit, and the proper roll code appears in the chat, but no roll results are returned (see below). If I enter the code manually it rolls correctly.  What am I missing?     
1586991845
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's most likely the space after the comma. rolls only work if /roll is at the start of the line, and spaces break that. Try: ?{Choose a Stat to Roll|     STR,/roll 2d6 + @{STR}|     DEX,/roll 2d6 + @{DEX}|     CON,/roll 2d6 + @{CON}|     INT,/roll 2d6 + @{INT}|     WIS,/roll 2d6 + @{WIS}|     CHA,/roll2d6 + @{CHA}}
That did it.  Thanks.  I thought I tried it with spaces removed, but I guess I didn't.
You might simplify it a bit by taking the roll out of each option, making it look something like: /r 2d6 + ?{choose a stat to roll|STR, @{STR}|DEX, @{DEX}|CON, @{CON}|INT, @{INT}|WIS, @{WIS}|CHA, @{CHA}}
Thanks. I did actually find the tip about pulling the roll out of the query upon further search of tips and tricks for macros.