Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

New Roll20 player looking for 3.5, Star Wars EoE or some D&D 2E

1587075132

Edited 1587075230
Hello everyone, NG person looking to play the whole alignment spectrum! Just recently joined and am looking to join a campaign or a one shot as a player.   While technically I would say I have been playing for 25 years, mostly it has been more some playing over the course of 25 years. I do love to try out new characters and usually have a stable I would love to try sometime.  Looking for: I started with 2E and have always wanted to try this bizarro Dwarven multiclass fighter/Psion. It has been a while.  I am probably most familiar with 3.x (I would be the sort to include Pathfinder under that umbrella), and am always down.  I am currently Gming a Star wars EOE game, and I think the system is tragically underrated. I would love to play more in it and am looking for a group in part to jam with ideas and better play methods, as when I GM I still come at things from a D20 mindset.  Down to try bunch more, but those are the highlights. PM me and I'd be happy to chat.  Availability:     EST, weekdays preferred. I do work in medical testing, and am only free around 5:00 EST. I do also tutor my nieces and nephews over FaceTime, currently 8ish EST. Would love weekly tight sessions, open to all sorts of frequency. I would be able to do a weekend thing... but, irl at some point that would get busy again.    How I try to play:  Irl games or with well known friends, I tend to end up aimed at the humor, but I am always looking to make the perfect "Thanksgiving Plate" of gaming- some Role Play, some Roll-play. When I think of a character I will try to work out 3 goals, and a mix of traits/habits/foibles. Sometimes the character grows from a personality, and sometimes it grows from mechanics trying to figure the personality.  Like all sorts of classes.  Favorite moment in Gaming:  My favorite session to date is a 5E game I played with Donald Schultz and Nikki, maybe one of the most free-flowing one shot games I had ever played. I am a huge fan of their work (Board with Life) for that matter and would hold them up as one of the better "natural" D&D podcasts.    Also playing through 2E Dragon Mountain. Would love to do more modules, that is the only non home-brew I have played.  Least Favorite moment in Gaming:   Did an irl meetup for a 3.5 dragon lance game  2 years ago that ended up with a party of 10. It was a bogged down chaos without any good chemistry between the players and some rather mean folks to boot. The whole experience dragged, seemed to have a disinterested DM. I wasn't super familiar with dragon lance, and was subbing to boot. Kinda the perfect storm. Honestly, the group and I didn't fit. Somethings aren't ideal. 
Would you be willing to GM D&D 3.5? or are you strictly want player?
Sorry, strictly looking to be a player. Dime 'a dozen, I know. 
I just posted a 3.5 Edition ad tonight. If you feel up to looking at it, let me know on my thread if it interests you.
Pendulym said: I just posted a 3.5 Edition ad tonight. If you feel up to looking at it, let me know on my thread if it interests you. Time is too early for me. If was in afternoon I would love to join.
I'm going to advertise a 3.5 one-shot again for this coming Saturday - 8:30pm EDT. Last time I advertised it I had no hits; this thread shows there is still some interest in 3.5 out there at least. It's for 10th level characters and will be a mixture of terrain to overcome along with opponents who know how to use the terrain in their favor. I like running some of the adventures from my standard campaigns as one-shots to see how other players handle situations.&nbsp; If interested, go here to check it out:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/217957/dwarven-hall-dragon-hunt" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/217957/dwarven-hall-dragon-hunt</a>