Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Formatting Macro Displays

Im using the DND 5E sheet and just want my GM Dice rolls the players see and maybe the whisper ones to have a format like shown in this article&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037257834-D-D-5e-OGL-Roll-Templates" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037257834-D-D-5e-OGL-Roll-Templates</a> &amp;{template:default}{{name=PC D4s}}{{=[[?{Number of dice?|1}d4+?{Modifier?|0}]]}} I just want my rolls to be in the white frame.&nbsp; Right now it shows in the black label which is better than before but still would like better&nbsp;
Hi! You did not mention which template you were interested in but here some examples: &amp;{template:simple}{{rname=PC D4s}}{{charname=@{selected|token_name}}}{{r1=**?{Number of dice?|1}d4**}}{{always=0}}{{r2=[[(?{Number of dice?}d4)+(?{Modifier?|0})]]}}{{mod=?{Modifier?|0}}} &amp;{template:desc}{{desc=**PC D4s** [[(?{Number of dice?|1}d4)+(?{Modifier?|0})]]}} Is this ok ?
I was hoping for the basic white brackets that come with the players rolls from the sheet&nbsp;
I’ll have to enter these in and see if these are what I was looking for&nbsp;
Ok, I think this one is what you want: output formated as Initiative roll from character sheet. You can remove the last part (charname) if you don't want the name of the character to be displayed. &amp;{template:simple} {{rname=PC D4s}} {{mod=}} {{r1=[[(?{Number of dice?|1}d4)+(?{Modifier?|0})]]}} {{normal=1}} {{charname=@{selected|token_name}}}
I wasn’t looking for a roll modified by selecting a token just a standard roll for anything I needed at the time.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Can you post a screen shot of what you are after? This is what I would use for something like that: &amp;{template:npcaction}{{name=}}{{description=?{Enter text?| }}} Make sure you format any rolls as inline rolls: [[1d20] ], not /roll 1d20 . You can even put in a complex expression like " here is a roll [[1d6]] " If all you are looking for is an inline roll however, just use the double bracket method instead of the /roll command:
Yeah i have something similar to that when i get a chance to get on my laptop and work it out ill show you guys&nbsp;