Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Taking Extraneous D20 rolls out of Fire Breath

1587196929

Edited 1587196969
Hey all, a quick search didn't reveal an obvious answer, so I thought I'd ask the experts. When I roll the following macro for my Chimera: %{selected|repeating_npcaction_$4_npc_action} &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=Fire Breath}}{{description=Damage: [[7d8]] fire}} it throws a d20 attack with advantage as well. How can I remove the d20's from the roll and just get the d8s? Thanks for helping out a new Roll20 user!
1587214434
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This is the line that is making the roll,  %{selected|repeating_npcaction_$4_npc_action} So one way would be to remove that. Chances are it does more than one thing, and some things you dont want to remove, and that's trickier. You'd need to extract the contents of the %{selected|repeating_npcaction_$4_npc_action} and make your own copy of it removing the roll part. Do you need help doing that?
Hey, thanks for replying to my post! Ya, some help would be great. Basically, the two things I want to do is have a Chimera's Fire Breath macro whisper the spell details to myself in the chat window (cone size, saveDC, etc), then roll the damage dice for the breath. Like you mentioned, I don't know enough about the code yet to extract the ability info from the first line of the existing macro.
1587385511
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Which sheet are you using? The "5e by Roll20" sheet? Each works differently and I'll have to look at the correct sheet.
Yessir, 5e by Roll20.
Check to make sure the Fire Breath action on the sheet doesn't have the "Attack" box checked off. If it's checked then it will roll a d20 (with advantage if the sheet is set for it).
Definitely not checked, I'm figuring it's somewhere in the code like GiGs mentioned.