Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder by Roll20 v.1.3 (Q2Y2019)

Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Franco E. said: New question fractional save bonus for multiclass characters, Example fort 2/3 for 2 wiz lvls and 1/3 for 1 rogue lvl, is it possible something like this on the sheet?  I tried with 1/3 cant add the "/" on the saves input I tried with 0.66 and 0,66 to no effect either.  No, that input (in the html) is set to only take numbers, so you can't set up a calculation based on your level which would require being able to input @{class1_level} or similar to divide or multiply.  The numbers only change on level up, so it is pretty simple to just add/change them as needed.
Hi All My friend just purchased the Roll20 version of Return of the Runelords, and I have been trying to help him get set up to run.&nbsp; &nbsp;I have been trying to set up macros that he can click when he has a token selected and roll of the sheets.&nbsp; I found the documentaiton on such calls in&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Official" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Official</a> &nbsp;&amp;&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Official_Templates" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Official_Templates</a> I as able to get the Initiative, and saving throws, and perception and CMB rolls to work just fine.&nbsp; However when I try the attack macros I get errors&nbsp; these are the macros I am refering to Melee attacks:&nbsp;%{selected|repeating_npcatk-melee_$id_attack} Ranged attacks:&nbsp;%{selected|repeating_npcatk-ranged_$id_attack} Special attacks:&nbsp;%{selected|repeating_npcatk-special_$id_attack} Sample Premade monster&nbsp; This is the output I get&nbsp; Not sure what I am doing wrong, any help is appericated thanks, Steven

Edited 1587094557
Hey Steven, you'll need to replace 'id' with row number (first item is 0, second is 1, third is 2, etc.) Try these: %{selected|repeating_npcatk-melee_$0_attack} %{selected|repeating_npcatk-ranged_$0_attack} %{selected|repeating_npcatk-special_$0_attack} if the creature has more than one attack in one of those categories, replace the 0 with a 1 for the second attack, a 2 for the third attack, etc.
Brillant, thanks Persephone Persephone said: Hey Steven, you'll need to replace 'id' with row number (first item is 0, second is 1, third is 2, etc.) Try these: %{selected|repeating_npcatk-melee_$0_attack} %{selected|repeating_npcatk-ranged_$0_attack} %{selected|repeating_npcatk-special_$0_attack} if the creature has more than one attack in one of those categories, replace the 0 with a 1 for the second attack, a 2 for the third attack, etc.
Where can I find the documentation for how to manipulate a character sheet with API commands? I'm trying specifically to toggle and create buffs at the moment. Things like asking everyone to go into their sheet and fiddle with buffs every time the bard starts singing is a giant pain and slows the game down a lot.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Access to the api is a pro subscriber perk.&nbsp; That said, if you are setting these up as custom buffs, it is just a couple clicks to enable them, and then buffs are usually going for a while.&nbsp; Keep in mind that your players can double click on the character sheet header to minimize it on the VTT, or pop it out in its own window.&nbsp; Either one of those things keeps the sheet more available (and quicker to access) than closing it.&nbsp; Part of the speed thing is time and training.&nbsp; Players (except for the bard, I suppose) can be turning on these buffs before their turn arrives, so they are ready to go when you get to them.
Paws, For those who have API access, some of the one-click API programs have documentation in the same location as where you preview/install them.&nbsp; Others have entries on the forum. For the creator of the game, from the main Game screen (before activating the VTT) Click on the Settings tab, and drop down to API Scripts: I haven't worked with it much, but ChatSetAttr can probably do some of what you want.&nbsp; It has documentation on the install page.&nbsp;
Hello, I'm trying to put together a somewhat complicated character using the Pathfinder 1E Official character sheet in R20. I was planning on using the 'buffs' feature to add specific (and editable) numbers to some of my stats. I've created two new attributes called x_str and x_dex in the sheet. As a test, both of these currently store '2' as a value. What I'd like to do is create a buff that adds these values to my strength and dex. I've created a new buff (just called x for now) with the following lines: +@{x_str} to strength +@{x_dex} to dex Unfortunately, this seems to do nothing. Using lines such as +@{bab} to strength works just fine, but I'm not quite sure why my custom numerical attributes won't work in the same way, and I'm hoping for some guidance.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Geoff H. said: Hello, I'm trying to put together a somewhat complicated character using the Pathfinder 1E Official character sheet in R20. I was planning on using the 'buffs' feature to add specific (and editable) numbers to some of my stats. I've created two new attributes called x_str and x_dex in the sheet. As a test, both of these currently store '2' as a value. What I'd like to do is create a buff that adds these values to my strength and dex. I've created a new buff (just called x for now) with the following lines: +@{x_str} to strength +@{x_dex} to dex Unfortunately, this seems to do nothing. Using lines such as +@{bab} to strength works just fine, but I'm not quite sure why my custom numerical attributes won't work in the same way, and I'm hoping for some guidance. Custom attributes are not handled in buffs. Because the result buffed stat/attribute/field is not evaluated at roll time but computed in sheet workers when the buff is applied. The computation can only deal with known/existing numeric attributes from the sheet.

Edited 1587680404
Natha said: Custom attributes are not handled in buffs. Because the result buffed stat/attribute/field is not evaluated at roll time but computed in sheet workers when the buff is applied. The computation can only deal with known/existing numeric attributes from the sheet. Thank you for the clarification. I'm trying to put together a Synthesist Summoner, which replaces its own physical ability scores with that of its Eidolon while it is active. I was hoping to put together a miniature character sheet for the Eidolon in some custom attributes, allowing me to add these scores to mine using + (@{eid-str} - @{strength_base}) to strength or something like that. Has anyone done something similar? Are there maybe some unused fields I could use for this purpose? Update: I tried using item quantities as a bonus, like so... @{repeating_gear_$0_quantity}, but seems like these values don't work in buffs.
I ended up just making a second sheet to represent the fused summoner. I found that to be easiest, despite having to adjust both sheets when leveling up.
Ok i have seen the question asked several times now.&nbsp; &nbsp;With the official sheet, is there a way to turn off bab based extra attacks?&nbsp; Ie for I moved and attacked, or thrown wpns without quickdraw, vital strike.... thanks.
Maybe my searching for this didn't work, but is there a way to change the "per day" under the Features/Traits to "rounds"?
Is there any way to add mythic to this sheet. I also need a 4th class... I would use a diff sheet but I'm running Return of the Runelords and the other sheets are not supported.
I can't get the AC Items section to use the 30 ft speed I set for an armor. I need to change it because the class feature Armor Training gives me 30 ft speed with Medium armor. If I uncheck the Scale mail it calculates the 30 ft Speed: Am I missing something?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
The only way I am aware of (haven't logged in to poke around and see if there is something else) is to change the armor type.&nbsp; As you have things set up right now, your Ring of Protection will drop your speed also when equipped because it is marked as medium armor.&nbsp; I would change your scale to light armor, since basically armor training allows you to treat it as light for movement.&nbsp; I think there is a misc setting for your ring, and a shield setting for your shield, so you should set those in place of "medium". More info can be found here:&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037773733-Pathfinder-by-Roll20#PathfinderOfficial-AdditionalTab" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037773733-Pathfinder-by-Roll20#PathfinderOfficial-AdditionalTab</a>
Thanks for all those tips! It's my first game played on roll20 and also first time playing Pathfinder so I'm learning as I go. Used all what you said and also added Medium to the name of the armor so I won't forget what it actually is.
I have a question.&nbsp; On the wiki for the character sheet, under Additional Attacks it says " Weapons/Attacks can have up to 3 additional attack rolls (with individual optional damage rolls)."&nbsp; The damage rolls either aren't optional, or I don't know how to shut it off.&nbsp; Setting up a character with the improved feint ability, and I was going to use the additional attack for the bluff roll.&nbsp; I can get it to roll the bluff roll but it always rolls damage with it.&nbsp; I'm just looking for a way to make the damage roll not show up.
Steven M. said: Ok i have seen the question asked several times now.&nbsp; &nbsp;With the official sheet, is there a way to turn off bab based extra attacks?&nbsp; Ie for I moved and attacked, or thrown wpns without quickdraw, vital strike.... thanks. Steven I don't know if you got an answer to this, but change the attack modifier to BAB Max.&nbsp; It will use the full BAB but only for 1 attack.&nbsp; It's perfect for use with Vital Strike.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Ron G. said: I have a question.&nbsp; On the wiki for the character sheet, under Additional Attacks it says " Weapons/Attacks can have up to 3 additional attack rolls (with individual optional damage rolls)."&nbsp; The damage rolls either aren't optional, or I don't know how to shut it off.&nbsp; Setting up a character with the improved feint ability, and I was going to use the additional attack for the bluff roll.&nbsp; I can get it to roll the bluff roll but it always rolls damage with it.&nbsp; I'm just looking for a way to make the damage roll not show up. I'm not sure about setting it up as an attack, but you could put your feint roll in the description section.&nbsp; Then you can turn off the description section with the checkbox if you are fighting things that can't take precision damage or whatever.
Oh damn...I completely forgot I've used that method 1 time before.&nbsp; Thank you so much for reminding me.&nbsp; You rock!

Edited 1598368880
Drag and drop spell feature has stopped working. Whenever I (my friends have the same issue) drag spells to a character sheet, the whole sheet goes completely blank and at the top where you see the different tabs instead of "Character Sheet" it says "Charactermancer". It's like this in every game I'm in, I even tried making a completely new game but it still has the same issue.

Edited 1598419939
Freddo said: Drag and drop spell feature has stopped working. Whenever I (my friends have the same issue) drag spells to a character sheet, the whole sheet goes completely blank and at the top where you see the different tabs instead of "Character Sheet" it says "Charactermancer". It's like this in every game I'm in, I even tried making a completely new game but it still has the same issue. I've had the same experience with characters classes outside of the core rulebook for the past 1-2 weeks.&nbsp; I believe the error occurs when adding a spell from the compendium to a class that isn't explicitly listed as having access to the spell.
Josh said: Freddo said: Drag and drop spell feature has stopped working. Whenever I (my friends have the same issue) drag spells to a character sheet, the whole sheet goes completely blank and at the top where you see the different tabs instead of "Character Sheet" it says "Charactermancer". It's like this in every game I'm in, I even tried making a completely new game but it still has the same issue. I've had the same experience with characters classes outside of the core rulebook for the past 1-2 weeks.&nbsp; I believe the error occurs when adding a spell from the compendium to a class that isn't explicitly listed as having access to the spell. Is there any way to fix this? I've been having the same problems now for a while with my current sorcerer character and now my backup(we are at level 4 btw).&nbsp; It seems lazy but having to manually put in all my spells and spell like abilities will take forever, especially with all the fields in pathfinder.

Edited 1598992203
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
JD said: Josh said: Freddo said: Drag and drop spell feature has stopped working. Whenever I (my friends have the same issue) drag spells to a character sheet, the whole sheet goes completely blank and at the top where you see the different tabs instead of "Character Sheet" it says "Charactermancer". It's like this in every game I'm in, I even tried making a completely new game but it still has the same issue. I've had the same experience with characters classes outside of the core rulebook for the past 1-2 weeks.&nbsp; I believe the error occurs when adding a spell from the compendium to a class that isn't explicitly listed as having access to the spell. Is there any way to fix this? I've been having the same problems now for a while with my current sorcerer character and now my backup(we are at level 4 btw).&nbsp; It seems lazy but having to manually put in all my spells and spell like abilities will take forever, especially with all the fields in pathfinder. Thanks for the report. I'm not able to reproduce this unfortunately. Can any of you give an example of a specific character class&nbsp; / character configuration, and spell dropped, that would trigger the bug, please? That would be really helpfull, thanks. Problem found. When a spell section has to be chosen, this occurs. Thiis will be fixed ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Ah thanks for the quick reply. Had a feeling it was something to do with choosing the level of spell since I managed to input a random spell but it didn't ask me what level or if it was a spell-like ability.

Edited 1599674148
THANK YOU FOR FIXING THIS ISSUE! Natha, should we be contacting you for sheet issues?&nbsp; I have one issue that has been bothering me about the 1e sheet.&nbsp;&nbsp; I would like to see a column added under AC that accounts for both enhancement to natural armor, as well as natural armor.&nbsp;&nbsp; They are different under the RAW, and hard to account for under the current sheet.&nbsp;&nbsp; Having DM'd this system for years now, I will tell you that the sheets otherwise handle most anything I do with them.