Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e OGL Sheet] Initiative Not Working

I recently made a copy of a campaign which uses the 5E OGL Sheet.  None of my players are able to roll initiative for their character in this new copy, even though the characters are copied from the original campaign.  When they click "initiative" from the character sheet nothing happens.  Per the chat, the following roll template is being used: @{Gus|wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=^{init-u}}} {{mod=@{Gus|initiative_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{Gus|initiative_style}+@{Gus|initiative_bonus}@{Gus|pbd_safe}[INIT] &{tracker}]]}} {{normal=1}} @{Gus|charname_output} I've looked at the attributes and everything looks normal.  As I said, this is happening for all of the characters. Any suggestions of where I should look next are very appreciated.

Edited 1587319692
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Does it work with a newly created character sheet? Does it work when you try? How old are the imported character sheets? Edit: Oh and btw the sheet is called D&D 5E by Roll20 for some time now, people just still use the old name, if someone new is wondering what OP is talking about.
Sorry, yes I'm using D&D 5E by Roll20 . I just created a new character sheet, created a straightforward level 1 fighter from Charactermancer.  It behaves the same as the other character sheets we've been using.  With a little more testing I have the following specifics: - If the token of the character is selected (or any other character token is selected) when Initiative is clicked on from the Character Sheet, nothing happens. - If no token is selected, the initiative is rolled in chat with a message "You wanted to send the result of this roll to the turn tracker, but no valid token was selected!"  Screenshots below. Thanks for your help!

Edited 1587373496
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
What you described is exactly how it work. The rolls still work in the chat even if the token isn't selected, but then they are not sent to the Turn Tracker. This is universal behaviour and have nothing to do with the D&D 5E by Roll20 -sheet. In other words: "For a dice roll from a character sheet to appear in the Turn Tracker , one must select the token connected to the sheet." Looking at the wiki and helpdesk, this doesn't seem to be too well documented, and is a thing that most people just learn while using. I'll update the wiki to mention this in more places.
Thanks for your response Andreas J.  I may not have explained this well.  The behavior that is working correctly is when I don't have the token selected. The behavior that isn't working as you and the wiki described is that when I click on initiative while the token is selected nothing happens.  It should instead show an initiative in the chat and add them to the turn tracker.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Verify that the token is still associated with the given character sheet.
Good suggestion Keith.  But the token still represents the character.   And again, this is occurring for every PC token, including newly created and dropped.