Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Simple Initiative Macro Question

Hey good people I'm new to this and am trying to make my GM rolls in private instead of showing in the communication side bar. I'm using Bar 3 as the Initiative bonus and am basing the roll off that when I select a token. I cannot get it to work so only I see it.  What am I doing wrong? /gr @{selected|token_name} rolls a [[1d20+@{selected|bar3} & {tracker}]] for initiative! Thanks for all your help.  It is appreciated.
Hello Colin, I use ![[1d20  +?{Modifier|0}  &{tracker}]] for initiative. The exclamation mark stops the chat from processing the line in the chat window. So you just see the roll appear in the tracker. Don't forget though, you have to select a token first to roll the initiative first. To roll for that token.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
GM Roll (/gr) is for dice rolls. You got a lot of other stuff going on in there. Try this: /w gm @{selected|token_name} rolls a [[1d20+@{selected|bar3} & {tracker}]] for initiative!
keithcurtis said: GM Roll (/gr) is for dice rolls. You got a lot of other stuff going on in there. Try this: /w gm @{selected|token_name} rolls a [[1d20+@{selected|bar3} & {tracker}]] for initiative! Thanks for that Keith.  The players cannot see it now although it is not going to the tracker now.
Okay took the space out between the &{tracker} and it works now.  Cheers for that.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, I missed that.