Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Keyboard Shortcut to Start Chat

I'm looking for a keyboard shortcut to have the cursor focus in the chat window so I can start typing. I'm keyboard focused. Moving the mouse to click the chat window and then typing on the keyboard is not very fluid for me. I'm hoping there is a keyboard shortcut that I can press, like [Ctrl]+[c] for example, that will put the cursor in the Chat window and I can start immediately typing.
Thank you, Patrick. If you're referring to the "c c" option, it does not work. I already saw these shortcuts and tried them before posting my question. In fact, most of those shortcuts now require pressing [Ctrl] to work. Pressing [k] by itself will not switch to the GM Layer; pressing [Ctrl]+[k] does (and pressing [Ctrl]+[c] followed by pressing [c] again without releasing [Ctrl] does not work to place the cursor in the Chat window. Pressing [,] or [Ctrl]+[,] does not work to switch to the Lightning Layer. I'm guess that is an old out dated post where many of the shortcuts have changed.

Edited 1587569269
You may need the advanced keyboard shortcuts option checked on in the settings tab inside your game... yep, just checked it.  hitting "c" will cue the chat with advanced keyboard shortcuts on.