Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Pathfinder] Experienced DM lf experienced players to mentor new players (Sun 6:00 est)

Edited 1400510938
Oh hai, Starting tomorrow (sunday) at 6 est I will be starting a pathfinder campaign for 3 players completely new to DnD. I'm a DM with (way to) many years of experience under my belt, and would ofcourse love to help ease them into the hobby, but I'm relatively new to roll20 and still not super fast with the program. The game will be live-streamed on twitch by one of the players and so it would be nice if the game kept flowing smoothly. Therefore I would like one or two experienced pathfinder players in the campaign who are also willing to help the others learn pathfinder. You'll be a full player with just as much focus on you as the newer players, I just ask that you are willing to help with any rules questions and advice for the new players, so I can focus on DM'ing and keeping the game going. As per their request the campaign will feature mostly dungeon delves, but with lots of roleplay opportunities in it. Expect a 60/40 mix combat/roleplay initially (Though I hope to increase the level of roleplay as they ease into DnD). Characters will be made during the first session, and I do ask that you are not set on playing a specific class, and letting the new players get a first choice on what they are comfortable playing. We will try to account for everybodies wishes however. Mic and cam required, and being comfortable with being on stream. Reply here, or send me a PM. Sorted, those interested check out the stream at twitch.tv/hetoup2, if we lack players any following session we will recruit people from among the viewers.
Don't feel To intimidated, I'm fairly sure these guys aren't mentally challenged, they wont need That much help :3
If no one else has volunteered and you're trying again in about a week, I'm willing to help them learn.
If I had more experience (I've only done 3 sessions of PF before so I'm still getting a hang of the ropes myself, though my RPing is pretty exceptional), I'd be all over helping new people in. I had trouble finding groups to accept a new player (And I've given up for years!) until I found out my roommates were wanting to do a campaign at the house so I know how intimidating it can be. I hope they enjoy it!
I know a guy, Mark G. He's really experienced with Pathfinder so he'll be good for your guys.
I would be up for joining depending on what you are allowing race and class wise I have two concepts I have been wanting to try. If you are still in need then I can join only a few years pathfinder exp but almost a decade of exp with dnd.
Thanks very much for the offers guys. Its been sorted by now, I've had a very helpfull player, Askren, join us and we had a great first session. All the new players loved it. As it looks now we have enough players, we will be streaming again next week at twitch.tv/hetoup2 for those interested.