Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Disable 3d dice during macro roll

Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
I have to roll a lot of 3D dice in a macro, because I want to roll for about 18 combinations and then let the player pick the one that applies. I don't want to throw that many dice. Isn't there trick in a roll formula to make the 3d dice not appear? I tried [[2d6 + 1d0]] but that wasn't it.
Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
A possible solution, if you're only displaying the outcome and not performing calculations on it, is to build a rollable table weighted to match 2d6. It's annoying for 3d6 and 4d6, though.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
You could build each of the standard dice as rollable tables and roll them: [[ 4t[d6] ]] You'll get the sum and be able to view the individual results, but you won't get min/max highlighting.  And of course, no 3d dice.
Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
How did I not know until now that the 1t could be 4t??? THANKS!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It took a shamefully long time for me to notice that also. =D