Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Highlighting Dice in a range

Howdy all. I play a Gunslinger in a Pathfinder game, and I'm wondering if there's a way to get a border color in dice that aren't just 1 or 20. For example, I'm using a Pistol with a Misfire on 1 rolls - easy enough to see at a glance, it gets colored red! Now, assume I shoot it again broken, which causes my misfire range to go up +4 to 5 - I'd like the dice to display the red border for any roll 5 or under. Is there a way to do this? Thanks all!
1400378635
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I think you would need to use the API (mentor level subscription feature) to get it to work the way you want.
1400391100
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This is only possible with the API, sorry. The campaign's owner must have Mentor status for the API to be available.
So, do *I* need the Mentor Status, or the campaign owner's? It sounds like though it'd apply to all d20 rolls, is that the case? Or are the commands to say 'On this roll, if it's X or lower, be Red' macro specific?
1400393290
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The campaign owner needs Mentor status in order for the campaign to have API access. There's no command to specifically do what you're looking for. Rather, the API access would allow your GM to write a piece of JavaScript code which could alter how to display the roll. The script could be written so that you can specify on a per-macro basis what the fail/crit range of the roll is. However, I should warn you that modifying a dice roll output is one of the more complicated things you can do with a script, as it requires parsing the roll data and using the /direct command (a command which is only available when posting chat messages from the API) to output the appropriate HTML. Additionally, any script which could potentially modify a roll's appearance could also potentially modify the roll itself , so there should be some measure of trust involved.
Brain, Thank you for the explanation! I didn't realize it would be quite so complicated, so for one roll for one character, I'll leave it alone for now. Thank you all!