Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

whisper in macro not working

I'm sure I'm missing something really dumb, but this macro won't whisper the results, rather it posts to chat normally. Outside of that, it works perfectly. w/ gm &{template:npcaction}{{name=**@{selected|token_name}'s**  Passive Perception:[[@{Selected|passive_wisdom}]]}} What can I change to make the output a whisper instead?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Rory B. said: I'm sure I'm missing something really dumb, but this macro won't whisper the results, rather it posts to chat normally. Outside of that, it works perfectly. w/ gm &{template:npcaction}{{name=**@{selected|token_name}'s**  Passive Perception:[[@{Selected|passive_wisdom}]]}} What can I change to make the output a whisper instead? Couldn't tell if there was a line break in your macro or not?  Does this work? w/ gm &{template:npcaction} {{name=**@{selected|token_name}'s** Passive Perception:[[ @{selected|passive_wisdom} ]] }}
Sadly no -- good thought though.  I should have mentioned in the OP that I copy-pasted my original macro to an editor to make sure there weren't any breaks. But to be sure I just tried your code as well, with the same results.

Edited 1587865980
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hmm, this seems to work for me /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{name=**@{selected|token_name}'s** Passive Perception:[[ @{selected|passive_wisdom} ]] }} and @{selected|wtype} &{template:npcaction} {{name=**@{selected|token_name}'s** Passive Perception:[[ @{selected|passive_wisdom} ]] }} should depend on a linked sheet's whisper setting.
Nope :( 
Vince said: Hmm, this seems to work for me /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{name=**@{selected|token_name}'s** Passive Perception:[[ @{selected|passive_wisdom} ]] }} Rory B. said: w/ gm &{template:npcaction}{{name=**@{selected|token_name}'s**  There it is. ;)
I knew it was something dumb!!! Thank you both.