Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Issue with Nameplate and Aura

Edited 1588057193
Hello, I'm new to Roll20 and have been using the free version since February for a continuing D&D campaign.  I've just purchased a Plus subscription and I'm looking at it as a way to run the mapping for a WWII wargame with battles fought off roll20 using 1/72 figures and models and groups of friends running two sides of map tokens. I'm having some basic issues with map tokens of military symbols I've made. They are .gifs with transparency.  For example, an infantry company: So I upload it and similar tokens into a test game I have set up right now.  The page has hexes with a green background, nothing else.  The test game has no players other than myself. I set the tint colour to blue - hoping I can use the same symbol tinted red for another side - and the aura to square, zero, and white.  You can see the result in a number of tokens on the screen.  I haven't set "controlled by" to anything.  All the tokens shown are on the "Objects & Tokens" layer as per the screen shot, below: Unfortunately, when I rejoin as player, while the tint colour shows, the aura and nameplate are not: I'm hoping someone can help me out with what I have done wrong here. Thanks very much in advance and all the best. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
On the Advanced Tab for the Token Properties, you need to enable the visibility for players for names and auras. 
Ah, wonderful, that did the trick.  It's always a simple answer when you're new. :)  Thank you so much.