Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

6 player group looking for DM for regular weekly game

We have a group of 6 players, all new to 5e looking for an experienced DM to start a new weekly game.   Ideally we would meet online Thursdays, 8-11pm Central Time.  Core D&D is preferred.  The group has a mix of experience.  4 us of played AD&D 2nd Ed in the 80s, and the other 2 are very familiar with genre just haven't played "D&D".  This 6-man group has played numerous CRPGs - Neverwinter Nights 2, LOTRO, Guild Wars 2, Age of Conan and others over the last 15 years, but looking to start up a D&D game.  We have a paid Teamspeak3 server, but would use whatever tool or platform is best.  We aren't familiar with Roll20, but this site was recommended by our local game store when I asked about finding a DM.
Is there a list of DMs somewhere?  We were hoping to find an interested DM to lead us through some cool adventures, but would consider a paid game if no one DMs for free any more.    
I think its the hardest thing to find a DM for a group of already 6, maybe im wrong thats just my opinion 
Hey Matt, Firstly, it's awesome you're looking to get your group into more games! You all seem to have a tonne of experience and that's great. Were you looking for 5e when you said core D&D? A little bit about me, I am a professional DM. I am based in the UK, but have quite the strange schedule and so am able to DM nearly any timezone. I have a tonne of experience running 5e oneshots and campaigns for groups. I am also LGBT+ friendly and work with a wide arrange of people so try to be as accomodating as possible. If you would like to find out more about me and my services, feel free to check out my  Roll20 profile  where you can find out more about me and further links to my other social media, and my  testimonials from other's that have played in my games. Currently I am running a bunch of free oneshots for people quite regularly, and know that for many this has been a fun way for people to meet one another and get to play some of my games. If you're interested in some free oneshots or joining my community to find out more about the campaigns I professionally DM for, feel free to drop me a DM. I also do paid campaigns too if that's something you'd be interested in. Hope this message finds you well and that you guys end up finding a great game to get stuck into. Cheers -Billybob
Hey Matt Sorry about not finding a DM. but  why Pay per Play is the way The points are quite simple. If a player pay they are more invested in the campaign and are unlike to leave, ensuring that it is extremely unlikely that a session needs to be cancelled because nobody can play. Secondly, it helps the DMs with the running cost of the campaign from the cost of books and features that are uses well as the time DM can spend on the campaign and if you break it down the cost is $2.50 per hour for custom handcrafted entertainment. DM spend between 60-90 minutes per hour of play preparing for each session. Meaning on average your DM spends 8-10 hours weekly to get you a session. Name: K0galex  DM Experience: I am a professional DM with at least 6 years of experience, more than 3800 Hours on roll20. I have been official DM for the University of Pretoria for about 3 years now.  A bit about me: My DMing style is more focused on story and characters then very hard mechanics and trying to immerse my player into the world they are a part of. I have always enjoyed studying the lore of the real world or fantasy setting. Due to my obsessive nature, I tend to become well verse to point of madness over the small details of the world. I tend to run complete open worlds allow players to do almost anything. The catch is that I charge for sessions to keep my lights on so let me know if you are interested 
Greetings and well-met heroes! I am The Dungeon Master and I will be your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons! I have been a professional DM for over 5 years and have been DMing for over 30 years total. I have examples of my games up on  YouTube  and am available for a new (preferably) Friday or Saturday game slot but am open to other days during the week. I have several existing campaigns with 1 spot open in the Pathfinder one two Sundays a month and 1-2 spots open in the weekly 5th edition game on Sundays. I am happy to teach new players and session 0/character creation is always free. I also have a number of games that I am interested in running such as Diablo (D&D 3.5) and Game of Thrones (D&D 5th edition). If you have any questions or are interested in moving forward please message me on Discord at The Dungeon Master#8397 The Dungeon Master on YouTube “This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $50/month via Patreon. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements." Heroes Wanted [D&D 5th Edition] LIVESTREAM “This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $50/month via Patreon. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements." The Desert of the Damned [D&D 5th Edition] “This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $50/month via Patreon. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements." Dragons of the Frozen Seas [D&D 3.5/Pathfinder] LIVESTREAM “This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $50/month via Patreon. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements." Diablo: Heroes of Sanctuary [D&D 3.5/Pathfinder] “This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $50/month via Patreon. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements." A Song of Ice and Fire: Heroes of The Night's Watch [D&D 5th Edition]
Good luck in finding a GM, I know it can be challenging, but I would look at Discord groups, the D&D forums at their site as well. I would offer, but the system and time don't work for me. 
One thing you might try, create a game with your full party invited, then list it in the Find Games section specifically seeking a DM.  Different people look there than here and you have a better chance of finding someone.  That said, 6 is kind of large for a group, you guys have a great deal of rpg experience, it would be far easier for one of you to step into the role than find someone, generally.