Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Old School School Role Playing Tuesday Night 7:00 PM CDT

Edited 1588134434
Ajax
Pro
Looking for two players who are mature and RELIABLE . The game is stripped down version of 5E (most purest would say it's Not 5E). It uses many elements of earlier D&D versions where the players are not like characters in a video game and so overpowered that Death is nearly impossible. The rules used here make for a quick flowing exciting game where your turn comes around much quicker than in other versions because the game is streamlined. A Good Description of Your Action is Better than a Good Dice Roll. Here Role Play Replaces Roll Play. Characters are actually vulnerable, Death is actually a Possibility, and totally unrealistic rules to Generate better numbers are tossed aside. Join us if you Dare, but only if you can handle stepping away from the Numbers Game and Get Into the Role Play my character Game. This will NOT appeal to the video game generation, it's more likely to appeal to those who Played D&D many years ago, although New Players who love a challenge will embrace it. To save some of those who are thinking about it, I will mention that Character Ability Scores are Rolled In Order so there will be a certain amount of Randomness to Character Creation. I Do Present a Game that is Paid Quality but as Always, is FREE! Those interested can post Something Here with their Age and any D&D experience they've had. Thank you. -Ajax
Hey there Ajax, this really appeals to me.  I'm 45 and a forever DM (though I sometimes also play in my own campaigns) as I really enjoy playing in a very immersive world that is character driven.  Been playing on and off since the 90's with the fantastic AD&D games (Kara-Tur, Al-Qadim, etc settings,) always with our own rules and worlds because our generation liked to play big.  I'm in PST and consistency/commitment is not a problem. Thank the Gods you mentioned this:    "This will NOT appeal to the video game generation, it's more likely to appeal to those who Played D&D many years ago, although New Players who love a challenge will embrace it." Any other questions I can answer, feel free to PM and thanks for posting so people can find a game like this, Ajax!  -Nate
Ajax, I am interested. I am 37 year old who has recently gotten back into d&d. I played AD&D when I was younger as well a Ghostbusters rig and a few others I cannot remember.  I am decently familiar with 5e rules, but full disclosure occasionally i still need some assistance with the less common rules. I enjoy roll playing, but would not claim to be an expert at it.  I am in NYC and after 8 pm est works for me given that the kids are in bed by then. Happy to answer additional questions.  Best, Bob
Hey Ajax, My name is Patrick, soon to be 54.  I've played all manner of TTRPG's since about 1983.  Playing a slightly more challenging game of high quality with fellow  Grognards sounds like great fun! I look forward to hearing from you, Patrick
Hello there, mr. Ajax! My name is Eric, and I'm 23. I'm for Argentina and I've been playing TTRPG for almost a year and a half now. It is true that I am a part of the so called "video game generation", but I do have apreciation for the classics and the old school. I've triying to get my friends into playing AD&D (in the Mystara setting) and the first Star Wars D6 system, bue they argue that those systems are too old or to complicated for them to play.  I myslef would love the roleplaying aproach over the roll playing, I'm a bit of a roleplayer and I'm always searching for the narrative development of my characters insthead of the stats
Hey there, Ajax.  I'd love to join, as this really resonates with me.  I'm 47 and started playing when Elf was the class (although I took a couple of decades off while getting married and starting a family).  I've played a little DCC as well as around 4 years of 5e.  I also have over 600 hours on Roll20, so I'm really comfortable with the tool, as well. In addition to that, I'm a positive, energetic, and accepting person that loves the party-dynamic and working together as a group.  I'm in IT and work from home (even before all the COVID stuff), so I'm really reliable and won't be missing sessions. Thanks for reading this, and I hope to hear from you!
Sounds interesting. If you happen to ever shift towards a later session start time then please let me know. I am busy with my family until 9pm CST.
     Ho there Ajax - I am your demographic! I have played 5e but Advanced D&D is really my jam. I have mostly GMed Stars Without Number (+others) and appreciate a good death and a random set of stats. I think you should oh and ah when an 18 is rolled because it should be rare. And yes, Yes! There should be actual role playing in a role playing game - not just a slow video game power fantasy. I am 54, I look more like Gandalf everyday...!  - Played V&V, 5e, Deadwood, Call of C, Westend Games Star Wars and Dungeon World.  Mostly I have gm'd.   Thanks. 
Room for one more Reliable Player...