Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token bar and shared HP

Jan L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hello, I have a question about the bars. I have multiple tokens representing a goblin. I want the red bar to show the hitpoints, so I classify the bar as HP. But now their bars seem to be shared. When I remove some hitpoints from one token, it automaticly takes hitpoints from another token as well. How can I make the hitpoints bar individual? Thanks, Jan
Spren
Sheet Author
So you don't actually want the bar to be classified as anything. Right now all your tokens are linked to one character sheet, so if you link hp to that character sheet, then changing it on any token will change it on the sheet and all the tokens will then reflect that change on the sheet. The solution is to put numbers in the token bar location, but leave the dropdown blank. If you save this token token as the default for that character sheet then any new token pull on to the table top will have the hp saved, but none will have it linked to the character sheet. Hope that helps, if not here is another explanation: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals</a>
Yes linking it with the character sheet works for key named NPCs and PCs, but for your generic Goblin, you just want to type in the HP into bar1 before you "Use Selected Token" that way you can still link it to the one NPC character sheet, but they won't share the same pool of hit points, but will still show hp when you drop it down.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you prefer video guidance to text, here's a video I made on the subject. Roll20TnT Linking Tokens and Journals
Jan L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks David! and Thank you Keith! It worked