Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token troubles

StéphaneD
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi I just found two issues with linking token bars with character sheet attributes If the attribute you want to link is an auto-calc field, its value is not retrieved anymore, the bubble stays blank. Linking to a regular field works If you select an attribute in a token bar drop down, and click Cancel to close the token settings popup without saving, the attribute you selected is linked and saved anyway Thanks for any help
Hey there -  Can you provide me the name of the game in which you noticed this with, please?
StéphaneD
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The game is called « Coureurs des ombres » and it is using the « Chroniques Oubliées Contemporain » character sheet. A regular attribute that works with a token bar is PV (upper case, Points de Vie, french for hit points) An auto-calc attribute that used to work is DEF (for Défense, same as Armor Class). This one is named attr_DEF, appears as def (lower case) in the token bar drop down and used to yield the result of the formula in the value= attribute, but that’s not the case anymore.
StéphaneD
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hey @Nicholas Have you got any chance to look at the issue ? Any idea what may be going on ? Thanks in advance 
StéphaneD
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Nicholas  If it can be of some help, we have a bunch of these errors in the browser Javascript console when loading the character sheet in a game : Basically, it does not seem to like our auto-calc fields anymore Any idea when this issue can be looked at and resolved ? TIA
This is affecting all games and they don't seem to have acknowledged it =/ very frustrating.
StéphaneD
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hey @Nicholas Any chance we have this bug acknowledged and looked at ? Thx
I also have been having this issue for weeks, and in several games. The token will pull attributes from the CS if it's set up as a bar. If not there is no change when you select an attribute from the drop down. Once selected, updating the attribute on the CS doesn't change the value on the token.
Hey all -  We do have a ticket going to investigate this and get it fixed. I'll continue to keep you updated on the status as we make progress. Apologies for the trouble and thanks for checking in!
StéphaneD
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pretty sure Carlos and Victoria from Roll20 have hit one of these token issues reported for over a month at the beginning of their last tutorial video. This is ridiculous. Any ETA for a fix ? 
Still no fix for this huh? I guess API sandbox not spinning up and tutorial not loading take priority.
StéphaneD
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Joe said: Still no fix for this huh? I guess API sandbox not spinning up and tutorial not loading take priority. Joe Agreed, this is quite frustrating... Being a character sheet creator, I have since changed my code and replaced some of these auto-calc attributes that do not attach to token bars anymore with span-backed hidden attributes updated via sheetworkers, which are working. But I SHOULDN'T have had to do that.