Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[LFP] [PAID] [D&D 5e] Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus Campaign - Sundays 1:30 PM EDT / 17:30 UTC

Date: Sundays Time: 1:30 PM EDT / 12:30 PM CDT / 17:30 UTC Length: 4 hour sessions <a href="https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20201121T1330&amp;p1=179" rel="nofollow">https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20201121T1330&amp;p1=179</a> I am a GM looking for players for my Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus campaign. I have GMed thousands of hours of tabletop RPGs in person, online, and at convention. I've recently run successful Tomb of Annihilation and Lost Mine of Phandelver campaigns for 5th Edition on Roll20. One of our players had to drop from the campaign due to personal injury. The party is level 6 and has just entered Avernus! The campaign will be run on Roll20, but players will be invited to join D&amp;D Beyond where I have a Master Tier subscription and Legendary Bundle that grants players access to digital versions of every book. It also includes their Character Builder and searchable databases of the spells, items, and monsters. This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $10 via PayPal each session. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. Why Join My Campaign? Click here to see pictures from my other campaigns! You should consider my campaign because... Custom handouts - dozens of handouts made in Photoshop and pulled from the web make the experience more immersive. Custom tokens - I make tokens for NPCs in Photoshop and have made over 800 (!) for my various Roll20 campaigns. Copious battlemaps - I love using the best battlemaps I can find for every important encounter. Scenic pictures - I use evocative images for locations whenever they don't need a full battlemap. This helps establish the feel for the place you are visiting. Dynamic lighting - This is one of the best features on Roll20 and I use it extensively. Dungeons come to life as you manage your torches and carefully peak around every corner. I have macros to quickly swap light sources as needed. Watch your step! Music and ambient soundtracks - I provide a mix of musical scores with ambient tracks overlaid. Macros and Scripts - I use a number of macros and scripts to make the experience more streamlined and eliminate some of the tedium. Tracking arrows, spell slots, and concentration saves. I write many macros myself and can help with custom macros if the players need them. D&amp;D Beyond access - You'll get free access to every book on D&amp;D Beyond including their character builder. Background An entire city... gone. The holy city of Elturel sat on a bluff upriver from Baldur's Gate and was home to the blessed followers of Torm, Helm, Tyr, and Amaunator. Mounted paladins of the faith called Hellriders could be seen setting out from the walls to defend the lands of the Sword Coast, while farmers from the outlying Fields of the Dead would bring their harvests in for sale in the city's marketplace. A beautiful garden lay in the center where trysts and song and merriment flourished. From the Dock District in the flatlands with its markets, stockyards, and citizens, to the High District built on rising slopes with cobbled streets and tall houses, to the High Hall itself on the cliff overlooking the river... all gone. Baldur's Gate is now in the throes of a refugee crisis. The Grand Duke was on a diplomatic visit to Elturel when the city disappeared and has not been seen from since. The Flaming Fist is doing all it can to keep the peace (and earn some coin), but terrible cultists have been using the turmoil to enact their own plans. The streets are stained with blood. People are afraid. They mourn the loss of their friends and family. And they're scared of what will come next. Campaign Features The campaign is structured and focuses on combat and exploration but with much role-playing as well, especially in later parts. I'd estimate the campaign to last 9-12 months. My estimate could be off by a fair bit, but I want to give players some idea. For a refresher on D&amp;D 5e, checkout this video series: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoW2CDgztKY&amp;list=" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoW2CDgztKY&amp;list=</a>... The Basic Rules for D&amp;D 5e contain all the rules you need to get started for free: <a href="http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrul" rel="nofollow">http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrul</a>... Read the Introduction and Chapters 7-10 (29 pages in total). Application (6 seats total) Please post applications and questions here. 17+ only. Voice with Discord is mandatory. 1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? 3) How did you find my LFG? The directory or the forum? 4) What made you pick my LFG post? 5) Can you commit to a campaign for 9 or 12 months? 6) Do you accept the payment requirements for this campaign? If you have any questions, comment here or send me a PM. Character Creation Characters start at 6th-level. Point buy, no rolled starting wealth. Homebrew and third party content are allowed subject to GM approval and modification. All official options are available with the following exceptions. There is no PHB+1 rule. Races with flying at level 1 are not allowed (Aarakocra and Winged Tieflings). Yuan-ti Pureblood are not allowed. Multiclassing is subject to GM approval and is discouraged. The following 8 feats are not allowed: Crossbow Expert, Great Weapon Master, Lucky, Polearm Master, Resilient, Sentinel, Sharpshooter, Spell Sniper. I have all the sources on D&amp;D Beyond and can share them with the players. This includes use of the D&amp;D Beyond character builder and the full text of the books. So please get in contact with me after joining the campaign so you can build your character in style! Character Background When creating your character background, you should tie them in to Elturel, or Baldur's Gate, such that you would not want one or both to come to harm. Perhaps you had family in Elturel or grew up there, or your mentor lived there, or your love of Baldur's Gate would spur you to protect it should the need arise. Your character is now in Avernus or Elturel. We can work together on deciding why. Why paid GMing? 1. Defray the content costs. I use the money to purchase new RPG adventures, source books, supplement, maps, and the like. 2. Prevent flakes. Players (and GMs) are far more likely to show up and be on time if there's payment involved. 3. It takes a lot of extra time to GM. I spend about 1-2 hours per game-hour prepping. Reading the adventure, taking notes, cross-referencing rules, finding and making tokens, finding and making maps, setting them up in Roll20, adding NPCs to Roll20, going over character sheets, and organizing the session all takes a lot of time outside the game. It's part of the hobby, but as I'm having to put in prep time I'd rather not have to spend so much on the content costs too. LFG Listing
Still looking for someone considering real estate in the Nine Hells!
Still looking for one tired of existence on the material plane and wanting something a bit more painful!

Edited 1588102709
Greetings Lex, 1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience. I've played D&amp;D since 3.5, Pathfinder, Dresden Files, play and run LARPs for many years. 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? I enjoy a mix between creative problem solving and roleplaying. Having a cooperative story with multiple others is a great feeling. 3) How did you find my LFG? The directory or the forum? I found it via this thread. 4) What made you pick my LFG post? You caught my attention with your descriptive title (having date/time is great), you kept my interest with your Imgur portfolio and humor. I'm also curious about your use of scripts, since I'm just learning that side of things in my private games. 5) Can you commit to a campaign for 9 or 12 months? Yes, but I would like to inquire about a scheduled missed sessions policy. My work could send me on work trips with relatively short notice (weeks usually) or I might have conflicting events many months from now. I would endeavor to give advance notice. I would be glad to have my character 'fade into the background' until I can return but would like to know how your preference. :) 6) Do you accept the payment requirements for this campaign? I do. Thank you for your consideration!
Still accepting applications and looking for one person that watched Mad Max and wondered what it'd be like if they added elves.
1) &nbsp;I’ve been playing rpgs and roleplaying for most of my 31 years but only have been doing 5e for about two years. 2) The roleplaying and camaraderie that develops in a group. 3) Forum lurking. 4) ‘LFP’ got my attention but elves in Mad Max got my interest. 5) Shouldn’t be a problem at all. 6) &nbsp;Sure do!