Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Traveller Mongoose 1st Edition - Beginner's Welcome!!

Edited 1588450246
Looking for 2-5 players for a Traveller Mongoose 1st Edition one-off that might turn into an ongoing campaign. I am a beginner GM for Traveller, though I have run multiple games using 5e, OSE, DCC, and GURPS. The game will be a cross between Firefly meets Indiana Jones meets Alien.  The plan would be to use Roll20 for visuals and character sheets and Discord for voice chat and, if we do make it a campaign, roleplaying in between sessions. The goal is to do character creation on Tuesday (5/5) and then try to play the game Thursday (5/7) if that works for everyone's schedule.  If you are interested message me and please answer these questions: 1. What gaming experience do you have? 2. What type of game are you looking for (RP vs Combat, type of campaign, ect.)? 3. What type of character do you want to play? 4. What is off-topic for you when it comes to gaming? 5 How much can you commit to the game?

Edited 1588392955
I did have a question first sir. What time zone and time(s) please?  EDIT: 7 PM EST is 4 PM my time, I can certainly make the chargen session.  I'll be able to get a feel for the other folks and see if I fit in then :) I am up for a one-off not 100% on a campaign. 1. I know Marc Miller and been running / playing Traveller since 1979. 2 .More RP but I can do a bug hunt which tends to work better as a one-off since combat in Traveller, even Mongoose 1E is very lethal. 3. Not big on the explicit adult-themed stuff, abuse, bullying, etc. 4. Name the time (and if I'm not at work :) I can be there. If life happens or something comes up I always do my best to let folks know if I cannot make a session.  Though personally I just use a simple RSVP system in my games.  Dominick C. said: Looking for 2-5 players for a Traveller Mongoose 1st Edition one-off that might turn into an ongoing campaign. I am a beginner GM for Traveller, though I have run multiple games using 5e, OSE, DCC, and GURPS. The game will be a cross between Firefly meets Indiana Jones meets Alien.  The plan would be to use Roll20 for visuals and character sheets and Discord for voice chat and, if we do make it a campaign, roleplaying in between sessions. The goal is to do character creation on Tuesday (5/5) and then try to play the game Thursday (5/7) if that works for everyone's schedule.  If you are interested message me and please answer these questions: 1. What gaming experience you have? 2. What type of game you are looking for (RP vs Combat, type of campaign, ect.)? 3. What is off-topic for you when it comes to gaming? 4. How much can you commit to the game?

Edited 1588385917
7PMEastern time zone.