Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Same handout, Same player, Different computer, Different content

Edited 1588558603
I have an extremely strange behavior I'd like to report. I have a handout which I took great pains to obscure parts of the player facing content. Translating it to elvish script. In the GM notes, I have the full text, in a normal font. When I made this handout visible to the players today, one player saw the full content. He couldn't see the GM notes section, he just saw that content in the part of the note that should be visible to all players. Even stranger, when I logged in as that same player on a different computer. (I have access to that player's account - he's my son.) I saw the properly obscured and elvish-ified note. I've tried this on both FF & Chrome on both computers and get consistent behavior. On computer A, the full text is visible in the note, on computer B, the obscured text is visible. These are both Win10 machines. I can provide browser version numbers but given that it's happening cross browser, I don't think that's the issue.

Edited 1588568320
I think I've figured it out. I haven't installed the Elvish font on the other computer, so it's just rendering the original text using the default font. At one point, I'd taken a screenshot of the elvish version of the note and uploaded that as an image instead of having text. It was a little blurry, so I instead pasted in the elvish text. I should have just left the screenshot.