Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[ColorEmote] One-click version disabling my macro quick bar

Hi all. I grabbed ColorEmote from the one-click install (0.1.9) this morning and tried to test it in my game. But I got a strange error: my macro quick bar refused to load. I restarted the API and it said everything was kosher as far as scripts running. But that quick bar would not load. As soon as I disabled the script and relaunched the game, the quick bar appeared. Has anyone else encountered this? Also, is there an updated readme for ColorEmote? I'd love to be able to start using it, as I am quite dissatisfied with the limited range of emoting options in chat.
Hmm, I used it in three different games this weekend, and everything ran fine. But when I opened the API to check the version I am using version 0.1.5 still, got it and never updated it after all this time. 
I do have a few Stylus styles installed (Compact Macro Bar, Inline Links on OGL Template, Tighter Sidebar List, TinyTurnTracker, Compact Action Toolbar, and Colorized Token Macro Bar). I wonder if that's messing with ColorEmote.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Here's the most recent thread:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/2972233/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/2972233/</a> That's weird about the Macro Bar.&nbsp; The API does have access to showing/hiding that bar, but I don't have a single reference to that setting in any of my code anywhere.&nbsp; Is that the only script you have installed?
Oh no, I have a bunch of scripts installed.&nbsp;
The Aaron said: Here's the most recent thread:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/2972233/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/2972233/</a> That's weird about the Macro Bar.&nbsp; The API does have access to showing/hiding that bar, but I don't have a single reference to that setting in any of my code anywhere.&nbsp; Is that the only script you have installed? Hi Aaron. Yes, I saw that thread, but it seemed to only reference older versions of the script (as in, I'm not sure what changed in 0.1.9). I really want to sort this issue out, because this script will be a ton of fun to use for my players and me.

Edited 1588614626
Gold
Forum Champion
Jay R. said: I do have a few Stylus styles installed (Compact Macro Bar, Inline Links on OGL Template, Tighter Sidebar List, TinyTurnTracker, Compact Action Toolbar, and Colorized Token Macro Bar). I wonder if that's messing with ColorEmote. i have almost the same setup, most of those Styles via stylish, plus ColorEmote (works well) and Macro Quick Bar. It works for me. There is one style ummm COMPACT MACRO BAR it can make the buttons "scroll away" there is a tiny tiny scroll bar. Scroll up on your macro quick bar i think that is your issue maybe. also it is easy to test the Styles, disable one and it immediately happens on browser without reload. Disable them all one by one (start with compact macro bar)
Gold said: Jay R. said: I do have a few Stylus styles installed (Compact Macro Bar, Inline Links on OGL Template, Tighter Sidebar List, TinyTurnTracker, Compact Action Toolbar, and Colorized Token Macro Bar). I wonder if that's messing with ColorEmote. i have almost the same setup, most of those Styles via stylish, plus ColorEmote (works well) and Macro Quick Bar. It works for me. There is one style ummm COMPACT MACRO BAR it can make the buttons "scroll away" there is a tiny tiny scroll bar. Scroll up on your macro quick bar i think that is your issue maybe. also it is easy to test the Styles, disable one and it immediately happens on browser without reload. Disable them all one by one (start with compact macro bar) Yeah, I will do that testing tonight. I know about the scroll bar issue with compact macro bar. This isn't that, I don't think. When I load ColorEmote at the same time as every time, not a single macro of mine appears in the quick bar. When I disable it, my macros are back. But I'll double-check that too tonight, thanks.
Gold
Forum Champion
I am not able to explain much about CSS, but that does kinda sound like a CSS related issue (somehow, not sure how). At least a possibility.&nbsp; I've ran ColorEmote for years on Roll20, and also always use Macro Quick Bar. Have not encountered this issue myself (apart from the Extension that scrolls the quick bar vertically to blackness). N i mean i used those 3 features simultaneously as recent as yesterday.
Gold
Forum Champion
wonder what would happen if you put (or generated, or mis-pasted) a super long Macro Title that was in the quick bar? would overflow cause it to not show?&nbsp; try disabling "in bar, in bar, in bar, in bar" until there's only 1 or 2 of em --- as another troubleshooting step. definitely try disabling Extensions first tho
Well huh, I re-enabled ColorEmote with nary a change, and now it's working. That's the kind of high-quality troubleshooting you can expect from me! :D
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
There isn't much different externally between version 0.1.2 and 0.1.9.&nbsp; The help system is updated and there are some changes in the way whispering works internally (bug fixes).&nbsp; There is also an order override in case you want to be explicit about which avatar/token to use. See the help for details: !cem --help
Hi Aaron. Could you point me toward the lines in the code that control padding between text and token image in the short form emote? Right now the text runs into/very close to the image. Also, is it possible to get the token/character name to appear in the short form version? I love the look of the long-form but it eats up a lot of real estate in the chat window. Would love a stripped-down Short Form version but with the token/character name. As always, thank you for all that you do here!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
line 75-79 is the CSS that gets injected for an image.&nbsp; It has a padding of .5em on the right, you can increase that to whatever you like, and add other css, just follow the example of the rest of the code. If you add this on line 178: '&lt;%= name %&gt;'+ You should get the name output.&nbsp; That's all using the underscore.js template engine if you need to look at the syntax.&nbsp; It's outmoded by Javascript Template Literals, but I've not updated it.
The Aaron said: line 75-79 is the CSS that gets injected for an image.&nbsp; It has a padding of .5em on the right, you can increase that to whatever you like, and add other css, just follow the example of the rest of the code. If you add this on line 178: '&lt;%= name %&gt;'+ You should get the name output.&nbsp; That's all using the underscore.js template engine if you need to look at the syntax.&nbsp; It's outmoded by Javascript Template Literals, but I've not updated it. Thank you, will try!
Making those modifications did the trick. Thank you, Aaron!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Cool. =D