Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Walls API Request

For some reason, I cannot PM The Aaron about requests for Walls features, but I'd like to see the Ll, Hh, and Vv commands supported. I use Illustrator to output SVGs and it uses those commands by default. I can't make it not use them. Thanks!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
That's weird, are you getting an error message when you try?  I got another PM about the Walls script today, was that you with an alternate account?

Edited 1588626179
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
To add support for the output from other programs, I'd need some simple samples to test them with.  I don't have Illustrator, so I don't have a way of knowing what it's output is like in order to adjust the parser to support it.  GIMP is what I have and use.  The big three alternatives people might have and use are Illustrator, Inkscape, and Photoshop.  Would be nice to have simple source files for those, and instructions on how to generate them for people that want to.
The Aaron said: That's weird, are you getting an error message when you try?  I got another PM about the Walls script today, was that you with an alternate account? That was not me. Maybe it's because I hadn't completed a captcha yet.
The Aaron said: To add support for the output from other programs, I'd need some simple samples to test them with.  I don't have Illustrator, so I don't have a way of knowing what it's output is like in order to adjust the parser to support it.  GIMP is what I have and use.  The big three alternatives people might have and use are Illustrator, Inkscape, and Photoshop.  Would be nice to have simple source files for those, and instructions on how to generate them for people that want to. I can give you Illustrator and Photoshop outputs. I don't have Inkscape. I can also help put together the instructions to generate them from the Adobe end. Let me know if and when you're ready for all that.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I've added Walls as #14 on my backlog.  I'm hoping to knock out a bunch of them today (half are pretty small). Since we're talking about it, what are some other features for that script that people might want? Some things I've thought about: Separations by color for things like doors Using the built in thicknesses instead of blanket thickness and color overrides Breaking long paths at strategic points Building "thick" walls around lines Thoughts?
Hi Aaron. How about support for Stephen Lindberg's One-Way Dynamic Lighting script also. I am suggesting this and to be honest I'm not even sure that GIMP can generate the filled path required for that script.