Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Monster Hit Dice API and general NPC hp

Edited 1588947343
Is it just me or has this changed on the character sheets?  The Ochre Jelly HP now shows: Hit Points 45 (622) I am pretty sure it should show: Hit Points 45 (6d10)+12 So since it showing 622 instead of the die roll, I cant select the die formula for a random roll in game.  I tried using MHD and it says it is rolling but it returns the same 622 value.  As such, I cant set it to npc_hpformula as it shows the removes the "d" in the (6d10)+12 formula and add 12 which gets us to 622. Any thoughts?
The monster has a typo, open the settings and change it.
Patrick said: The monster has a typo, open the settings and change it. Um do you mean select the token and then select the cog and change the amount provided by the npc_hpformula reference (the 622)?

Edited 1588956008
Nope, open the character sheet for the monster, either from the journal or by alt + double clicking.  Then enter edit mode and correct the faulty hp formula.  It wont correct any token already on the VTT, but any new drag outs should work correctly after this.
right so edit by hand the bar.  Yeah I can do that, but I opened this thread so that I could see if others are having the same issue.  This is not isolated to one creature.  It is happening to all of the creatures that I use.  Both in the game with MDH and in a vanilla game with no API or macros.
Hmm, if it is more than jut 2 or 3 creatures and really even if it is, you may want to post in the bugs forum so that it can get addressed then.
Patrick said: Hmm, if it is more than jut 2 or 3 creatures and really even if it is, you may want to post in the bugs forum so that it can get addressed then. hence the reason for this post.  To see if it was just me or something I am doing wrong.  I was hoping someone would check and reply that they are seeing the same thing.  If so I would then post a bug report.  i have not had my account long and I am still learning so not certain if I turned something on or off.