Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Why checkbox are not editable

I dont know if this question goes here, sorry if not. In the 2 year i have in Roll20 i always read that sadly is not possible to activate buff outside the sheet without API, but i want to know why in detail is not possible. If my players were more committed to the game and they were really interested in playing every week, I would definitely buy the PRO subscription, but right now I see it as a waste of money due to the little use I would make of its perks.
I’m not sure what you mean by activate buff outside the sheet.  If you mean, for instance to cat a spell, there are ways to do that through the attributes and abilities tab as well as creating chat menus.

Edited 1588957630
Patrick said: I’m not sure what you mean by activate buff outside the sheet.  If you mean, for instance to cat a spell, there are ways to do that through the attributes and abilities tab as well as creating chat menus. i mean for example, in the PF community sheet there are buffs that have a checkbox (on-off) and the only way to activate one is entering the sheet and click the checkbox, it can't be done without API. Or more Generally, you cant edit attributes of the sheets without actually editing by hand yourself, macros dont work that way.
It's not possible because Roll20 is generic, sheets are specific. In order to get the generic to do something on the specific you'd need to install coding to tell it how to interact with the sheet. If you don't want to pay for the ability to do that, you're not required to, but it would be an impossible task for Roll20 to set that up themselves considering the wide variety of systems and sheets.
Dakota H. said: It's not possible because Roll20 is generic, sheets are specific. In order to get the generic to do something on the specific you'd need to install coding to tell it how to interact with the sheet. If you don't want to pay for the ability to do that, you're not required to, but it would be an impossible task for Roll20 to set that up themselves considering the wide variety of systems and sheets. Thanks you <3