Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API reset (sandbox)

Anyone know of a macro I can use in-game to reset the Sandbox and maybe a command to show the status in chat? 

Edited 1588871288
When playing, have a 2nd browser tab open to the API page of your game settings.  When things don't seem to be working right, look and see if the sandbox has crashed, if it has, restart it.  I think Keith may have mentioned a way to somehow save a link to the restart but I'm also pretty certain that there is no way to see the status of it without looking to the actual page,
Patrick said: When playing, have a 2nd browser tab open to the API page of your game settings.  When things don't seem to be working right, look and see if the sandbox has crashed, if it has, restart it.  I think Keith may have mentioned a way to somehow save a link to the restart but I'm also pretty certain that there is no way to see the status of it without looking to the actual page, I do the same but I am looking for a macro to do the job of resetting.
This is beyond my skill but I would love to see a userscript that would watch my second API browser tab that could be set to hit reset for me on an error or at least flash the tab so that I know there has been an error reported.
To my knowledge the Restart of sand box is accessible from the api itself, it has to be restarted from the api browser window.
See if this is helpful:  " Airbag Airbag is a two-part script that wraps the rest of your codebase, isolating the fragile API from exceptions thrown by your installed scripts and providing direct insight to the user when a crash occurs as well as the ability to force an API restart." I want to install it, but it requires unloading all scripts to put in the first half of Airbag as the very first script in your library, and then the second half as the very last script, and I haven't had the energy to attempt that yet.