Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 app android

Hi, i downloaded yesterday your app, but it doesn't work. I can sign in but when i choose the campaing it stuck on "Loading..." page, with black background. I have a Huawey Mate 10 Pro with Android 9.
I got the same problem here with my cell phone and a notebook
Yeah it hasn't worked for a couple of weeks now. I really dont understand what's taking so long for a fix. Many have complained. 
I am also having issues with the Android app. I'm a new subscriber so this is somewhat worrying...
can you fix this please, I have players joining that need this. Thank you.
This issue has been going on for a couple of weeks now.  I need this to refer to character sheets when I'm not at a computer.  Please advise as to when this will be fixed.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
I tried it out for the first time a week ago, and it just shows "Loading" when I try to enter a game. The app should really be discontinued if it's this bad, the new version is on the way to be released this year anyway. Sure would save time of bunch of people who try to make this work.
Same issues- same frustrations. Roll20 PLEASE fix or communicate in any way shape or form. The silence is deafening.
Indeed.  Even if the response is "we're not dealing with this cuz we have something new coming."  Some sort of response is better than nothing.
Still loading 
Same issue here. Worked fine until a couple weeks ago. Now nothing
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
There are like a total of 10 bug report thread from the last 3 weeks that have reported this for both Android & IPhone app.
But is there any reply from the devs? 
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
No replies from the devs, but they are aware of the mobile app problems, seems that this is a low priority issue, like I said in an earlier reply in this thread. There are a number of other threads about this "Android App won't work", so I've directed people to our thread here so we have one larger thread for this single issue. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8560274/roll20-app-doesnt-work/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8560274/roll20-app-doesnt-work/</a> <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8572156/android-app-stuck-on-loading-screen" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8572156/android-app-stuck-on-loading-screen</a> <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8492886/roll20-for-android-loading-forever" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8492886/roll20-for-android-loading-forever</a>

Edited 1588361814
Maybe they should make accessing games in mobile browsers availible to free players until they get it sorted out, because this is going to be the third week I haven't been able to play. Especially now, when we're all cooped up at home, we need things like this.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Shirotora said: Maybe they should make accessing games in mobile browsers availible to free players. [...] Roll20 is technically available in the moble browser, it's just not officially supported by Roll20, so this is a moot point to bring. Only the mobile app is restricted in any way.
Andreas J. said: Shirotora said: Maybe they should make accessing games in mobile browsers availible to free players. [...] Roll20 is technically available in the moble browser, it's just not officially supported by Roll20, so this is a moot point to bring. Only the mobile app is restricted in any way. It's only available in a mobile browser to plus or pro subscribers, or in a game that's DMed by one.
Roll20, reconsidering the money I've spent here each day this goes unanswered.&nbsp; Still loading&nbsp;
Same problem here with Samsung Tab A - Android 9. I deleted and installed again several times..nothing works. It stucks forever in the loading screen after selecting a game to lunch. When I had the free account, the app worked fine. I payed for the plus account and now it doesn't work...
Oriol said: Same problem here with Samsung Tab A - Android 9. I deleted and installed again several times..nothing works. It stucks forever in the loading screen after selecting a game to lunch. When I had the free account, the app worked fine. I payed for the plus account and now it doesn't work... Yeah I'm cancelling my subscription today.
Well I unsubbed and it didn't fix the problem but now I dont feel like I'm wasting money on an unresponsive company. Oh well /shrug
Android 10, Note 9. Plenty of space, running on Wifi, and all I get is... you guessed it... Loading. I'm paying for the Pro version as well.&nbsp;
We're STILL waiting for a response?&nbsp; What am I paying for?
You all will get the pat response, "We have a new version of the mobile app launching this year".&nbsp; &nbsp;They said the same thing regarding the AFOW Debacle last year.&nbsp; Then, 16 months later, the new UDL lighting launched, completely full of bugs and not useable in a game.&nbsp; And to boot, caused issues with those who were still using Legacy.&nbsp; I am with alot of you and investigating other VTT solutions.&nbsp; My subscription goes till January but if things don't improve soon, I will start my transition.&nbsp; Already identified Astral Tabletop, even though they still lack some features, they may get those in place before Roll20 fixes their issues.&nbsp; And currently, their Pro is free thru the end of May.&nbsp; I just hate all the investment, time and money, I made here on Roll20 just to see it go to waste.&nbsp; I should still be able to access my purchased content on here in a free account though.&nbsp;&nbsp;
I already purchased a 30-day sub to another popular VTT.&nbsp; It's got a steep learning curve, but if you get past that, it seems to offer a lot of what is making Roll20 be unappealing at the moment.&nbsp; My sub runs out next month, so Roll20 has until then to convince me to stay.&nbsp; That's not some lame threat, it's something I sincerely hope they do, because it's a lot easier to use than alternative solutions.
Bump and still loading&nbsp;
Same issue. Come on Roll20 - Guys this isn't rocket science.
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Hello all, I want to first apologize for the problems you’re all experiencing with the Mobile app, as well as the delay in response. We are trying our very best towards our goal of providing you all with the best experience we can. The truth is our systems have been overwhelmed, including infrastructure, development, and the customers support channels that you’ve all come to expect. In the coming days and weeks, we are going to do three things: We’ll be removing the apps from the stores until we can release something that we know can work well for you We’re working on improvements to the tablet-sized (1024x768) mobile browser experience immediately, expanding to a wider range of devices will be considered in future updates. Free Users will have use of the virtual tabletop via mobile browsers (Table on Tablet)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Table on Tablet for Free Users? That's great! Thanks for the update, Kenton. Hope you guys are managing to squeeze in a few hours of sleep here and there.
New to roll20 and was a bit disappointed when I couldn't get the app running. Happy to see you are trying to address the issue. Thanks guys!
Kenton said: Free Users will have use of the virtual tabletop via mobile browsers (Table on Tablet) Once I get to test how it works, I will be buying PLUS subscription either for some of the GMs whos games I am playing (in case the experience is good enough to use) or at least for myself (just to show support for this move). Still waiting...
I see an app listed on iOS. Is that the new/improved experience or was it just not removed yet?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
It's supposed to be removed. It's not the new app.
Any updates on roll out timing of new app? Wanting to start DMing a game and waiting for mobile access for players.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
There haven't been any updates on the upcoming app. I'll submit a question to this month's Community roundtable that will be in like a week, and we'll maybe get something out of them. And referencing back to either January, February, or March' community roundtable, the first version of the mobile app will likely not have character sheets or all features right from the get-go. Things might have changed since then behind the scenes, but there have been no official word on the app since.
I would appreciate any news as I have had to cancel several games due the mobile format&nbsp; (ipad Pro) that we were using. 50%+ players will not play with out it.

Edited 1600469829
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
SWRPGGM - Cauldron Bourne said: I would appreciate any news as I have had to cancel several games due the mobile format&nbsp; (ipad Pro) that we were using. 50%+ players will not play with out it. Send a question in for the upcoming Community Roundtable. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9190344/community-roundtable-september-30-at-5pm-6pm-pt" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9190344/community-roundtable-september-30-at-5pm-6pm-pt</a>
Hello... I was wondering when the Android app for Roll20 will actually be rolled out (no pun intended)?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Jramd7 said: Hello... I was wondering when the Android app for Roll20 will actually be rolled out (no pun intended)? There is no exact date yet, but during Roll20Con a teaser trailer for the new mobile app was released, along with the mention that closed beta would start soon for it. <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUCnu-9QErU" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUCnu-9QErU</a>