Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Call of Cthulhu] The Lightless Beacon Bug Thread

Edited 1576600141
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Thank you for playing the Lightless Beacon ! Quick Guide Accessing your content Module The Lightless Beacon is a module. To create a new game based off of the module, click on the Start New Game option from the site menu. The column on the right-hand side of the page is titled Optional: Choose a Module. Underneath this are thumbnail tiles for all the various Roll20 modules that are available. For the ones you have purchased, mousing over the thumbnail will make a checkmark icon appear over the thumbnail tile. Clicking on the tile will select this module to be used as the base for this new game. Which Character Sheet should I use? Please use the Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition by Roll20 character sheet. Bug Reporting Guide To help us find the best solution to any issues that may occur with your purchased content, please fill out as many of the following as are applicable when making a report: A short, detailed description of the problem What is the issue, How is it affecting your game, What is happening, What should happen? Clear and concise information is the most helpful in seeking out solutions Copy-paste any error codes received Include screenshots of the issue

Edited 1570812471
This isn't a bug, more of just a default setup error in the scenario. If this doesn't belong here, forgive me. Upon arrival to the island, the default Party Location token is placed on the 1. South Pier . This can be confusing as stated in the scenario details, the party lands on the northern pier . They later come across the South Pier via the pathway through the copse of trees. If done in reverse, it messes with some of the flow and descriptions, it makes the 'Following the Footprints' section slightly confusing, and the line about seeing 'The lights of a small town' not make any sense Also if they showed up on the south side, saw the rowboat and the lights 650 yards behind them, they'd just hop in and leave. tl;dr - Tokens default location should be moved to the northern pier.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Spadie - Good catch, and thank you for your detailed report! That's exactly the kind of bug this bug thread is here for. The Lightless Beacon Patch 1.1 Updated party token placement on the Beacon Island map
In the handout ' Handout: Lightless 2 ' the date in the 5th entry is extremely wrong (in the text version); it says April 14th, 1936. The entry resides between April 3rd, 1926 and April 12th, 1926 but somehow takes place 10 years and 2 days later. It should read April 11th, 1926. The day before the next entry on April 12th.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
The Lightless Beacon Patch 1.2 Updated date in Handout: Lightless 2
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
The Lightless Beacon Patch 1.3 Updated investigator character sheets to Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition by Roll20
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
The Lightless Beacon Patch 1.4 NPC character sheets and tokens added for youngling and deep one hybrid
I cannot create the game, it shows me the following message, and then the game is created empty " An error occured while adding  The Lightless Beacon - Call of Cthulhu  to this game:  no implicit conversion of nil into String"
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Good morning! This morning, after some overnight optimizations, we found that several functions related to those optimizations were not working. We have now fixed the issue, and apologize for interrupting your games. If you experienced issues with the following and they still don't work, please comment in  the official bug thread : Copying games Creating a game from a module Seeing marketplace assets in your library Adding an add-on to a game Patching add-ons and modules Thanks for your feedback and patience while we continue to scale up to meet demand!
First game of roll 20 and tried this out.  I shared character sheets by showing to players but they could not access the sheet only the bio.  I tried dragging and dropping to their windows but this did not work either.  Not sure if this a bug or i am doing something wrong!
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
David - When you press "edit" on the character sheet the player's name or "All Players" needs to be in both the "In Player's Journals" and "Can Be Edited & Controlled By" fields. These should start filling as you type. Thanks for playing the Lightless Beacon on Roll20, and let me know if you have any further issues!
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Closing this thread now! Please report any further issues on the Help Center .