Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can't drag compendium content onto a character.

Me and my DM have both tried adding spells to the characters spell list from the compendium and it doesn't work. It's working on other characters but not this one. Copying and trying on the new sheet also didn't work. Help?
Are you using Chrome or Firefox? Is your game using the appropriate character sheet made by Roll20 for the compendium you are using? (for example, for D&D 5e, use the sheet named "D&D 5e by Roll20" sheet) Is the character popped out in its own browser window? Drag and drop (and some other Roll20 features) will not work with popped out character sheets. Turn this off in the settings (under the cog/gear icon in the right-hand pane in your game), then try drag and dropping spells.
I'm using firefox. My character sheet is a 5e character sheet for our 5e game. The character wasn't popped out.
I've added spells from the compendium to the sheet in the past but it no longer works for some reason which leads me to believe it's something that's gone wrong with the code.
There are D&amp;D 5e sheets that are not made by Roll20. Does it look like this: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/images/f/f0/5E_OGL_Sheet_Core_v2.6.png" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/images/f/f0/5E_OGL_Sheet_Core_v2.6.png</a>
yup
Have you tried in a Private Browsing session?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Are you adding it to a PC or an NPC? NPCs need to have their "Spellcasting NPC" toggle flipped to on.
I haven't tried it in a private browsing session. It's a player character sheet.
Try Private Browsing. That will help narrow down the problem whatever the results.