Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Drop down menu question

So pretty specific question here. In the "Attacks & Spellcasting" Field, is it possible to have the damage dice as a drop down? So in this example. have the dice allow someone to choose 8d8 9d8 or 10d8?

Edited 1589340259
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Since that has to cope with damage that could be any number of dice of any size, possibly with modifiers, and also (maybe?) dice of different sizes (e.g. d10+d6+2), a dropdown doesnt seem very practical there.
Maybe I explained it wrong. If so my apologies. I wasn't looking to change the sheet. I was inquiring if it accepted code to preform a drop down. Kinda like I have set in the example for Ammunition and if so, how would such a thing be coded.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Oh! Well you could try it. I dont know it will work, but this would be the code ?{Damage|8d8|9d8|10d8} If it doesnt work, its not going to break anything, you can just erase it and start over.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
And a generic one if it's any good to you: ?{Number of rolls|8}?{Die|d8|d6|d10|d12} The first value after the first pipe is the default query entry, so you can mash the enter key twice on the above to roll 8d8. As I've just discovered  you can use the same query values in the crit field. For example if a crit only does half the extra die of damage, you can put (?{Number of rolls}/2)?{Die} into the crit field, and it will happily use the values from the normal attack without reprompting. So the above would do 8d8 damage with the default values, then automagically roll 4d8 crit damage if the attack is a crit. I usually do all my spells/attacks manually with the OGL templates, I had no idea you could cram so much fun into those tiny fields!

Edited 1589364235
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
From my previous tests with the 5e OGL sheet, I haven't been able to get those fields to accept any kind of query/kh/kl etc syntax without breaking... it's very frustrating but as GiGs says, give it a go and see :) Maybe I've been doing it wrong! edit: ignore me, was misremembering

Edited 1589363992
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Have you tried using html substitutions, Ziechael? And/Or wrapping them in inline roll brackets?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nope, I was just plain wrong lol GiGs said: Have you tried using html substitutions, Ziechael? And/Or wrapping them in inline roll brackets? You can absolutely use queries in those fields, the thing that 'breaks' is if you do it on a weapon and still want to be able to see the nice clean damage output overview on the main page... knew it was something that annoyed me... but stands to reason since the query can only display the query at that point... I'll slide back into the shadows and be ashamed of myself now...
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Valid point though, as a player I don't like using any macros that obscure part of the roll from the DM. Not because I cheat, but because I might've buggered up the macro and won't know if the mouseover doesn't share its secrets.
andrew p. said: And a generic one if it's any good to you: ?{Number of rolls|8}?{Die|d8|d6|d10|d12} This was perfect! Thank you!