Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Home Map

I am looking for away to allow players to access and edit only a single page, I know making them GMs lets them move tokens, however I do not want to let them access any other maps.  I am trying to give them a home they can design and access freely when out of game sessions.  Is there any way to do this or do I have to work with the honour system and trust they will not look at other maps?
1589595449

Edited 1589595639
Create a blank map for them then drag them to it. Any art assets you would like to her them access to you can create character sheets and set the token as default and give the players access. This will drop the art tiles into their journal so they can drag them to the map. I would create a rollable table with the art as tokens then set that as the default token for a character. This would give them a wide range of tokens to work with without adding hundreds of characters to your game. All the art they place would end up on the token layer but after they are finished and you have approved of their creations you could drop the entrire token layer's content to the map layer. The added benefit of this is that they can connect to the game and work on the map at any time, you would not have to be logged in for them to create their own space. 
1589596790

Edited 1589596809
I like that idea, Axelcleft. The OP would probably have to create different rollable tables, one for each size of token, as the players can't resize them.
Pro GMs could setup a chat macro menu with Tokenmod API macros for resizing, flips, rotations, and setting to drawing. This would put some powerful tools in the players hands for editing tokens they control. 😁 I may do this anyway in my game just to see what the players will do with the ability to flip the tokens around.