Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 Audio Master keeps breaking

Roll20 Audio Master constantly keeps breaking when trying to make it work in game. I have to log out to restart the sandbox, go back in, and it breaks again immediately. What is the deal?
I can't even get it to do anything. I type in the commands and nothing happens
The API is crap tonight. I have to restart mine every couple of minutes. I don't think Audio Master is to blame. :/ 
Tip I learned from keith curtis: keep a separate page up with the sandbox restart option, so you don't have to log out to restart it. Big time-saver.
Jay R. said: Tip I learned from keith curtis: keep a separate page up with the sandbox restart option, so you don't have to log out to restart it. Big time-saver. Yep, keep the API and books on one screen and the VTT on another. :D
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Execpt I got a lot of silent time outs tonight. Or maybe they were just huuuuuuuuge lags. Hard to tell. I restarted the API many times during tonights game, simply because it turned out to be quicker than waiting.
I've got the sounds set to macros so I can easily click the buttons to generate the appropriate sound. It's infuriating to spend all this time investing money into my tables to provide a strong user experience for the players only to have it not work. I guess I can pop open the laptop to the API screen, but I don't think it will help. The commands to make AM work do nothing. I'm really hoping Roll20 is on the ball for PaizoCon. They've already missed out on a prime opportunity to generate revenue by not having PFS2 scenarios and quests for sale on the site. We're bringing over 1300 sessions to PaizoCon. Signups kicked off yesterday and players flooded Warhorn instantly. Our Discords are full of buzz about this as several thousand players want to play. They have got to get this right or they're going to alienate a lot of potential customers.
keithcurtis said: Execpt I got a lot of silent time outs tonight. Or maybe they were just huuuuuuuuge lags. Hard to tell. I restarted the API many times during tonights game, simply because it turned out to be quicker than waiting. That was my experience running my session last week on Friday evening. Crazy lag led to constant API restarts.
I've got the table up on two screens. Any time I try to import anything into the jukebox it breaks the API. This is garbage. What did Roll20 do to break the API?
I found if I play a playlist, it will crash the API at its start and when playing a new song. The error message is: TypeError: Cannot set property 'playing' of undefined TypeError: Cannot set property 'playing' of undefined     at changeHandler (apiscript.js:5524:38)     at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:154:1), <anonymous>:65:16)     at Object.publish (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:154:1), <anonymous>:70:8)     at TrackedObj.set (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1042:14)     at updateLocalCache (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1332:18)     at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1544:7     at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560     at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147)     at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546)     at Id.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:489) I would then have to restart the API Sandbox. Once I stopped playing any playlists, and play only selected individual songs/sounds, the API would not crash. Any suggestions or does this help track down the issue? Thanks, Andy R Ross

Edited 1592149435
Having the exact same issue Andy R. Assigned sounds work fine when called using the API and/or a macro, but soon as you try playing anything from the Jukebox tab, get a similar issue with the same error and need to reset the sandbox. It is strange since everything was working fine a few weeks ago without this issue.